Well said my old friend/neighbor. Hope the Family is well.

Rob, you know me and you know my background thus I don't claim to be any expert. I am neither Clausewitzian nor am I Jomni but a hybrid of both as like the enemy we too must adapt. When you discuss evolution vs. revolution I think some times we might have to simplify and de-evolutionize ourselves in order to defeat the enemy at their own game. I believe this as I look through history and see evidence in this. Look at the development of guerilla warfare. The Revolutionary War we were able to defeat an organized army many times over by these small non-traditional tactics (simplicity) learned from the back-woodsmen who survived from fighting Indians and hunting daily. During the Civil War the education of in ranks fighting was taught and instituted into doctrine (not leaving out the tactics of the wagon wheel and others). The numbers of casualties are drastically different as the militia demonstrated a better or more effective survivability. Now look forward to today. We have the best technology in the world but I sometimes feel that this technology clouds our views on DOTLMPF. In Iraq I have seen units come in and set up these most elaborate digitized TOCs for the simplest missions. You and I both remember leaning on a tree writing OPORDs. Is this not true? We need to step back without having to rely on gadgets and gewiz stuff to view it in the eye of our enemy. They are utilizing the simplest items to get to our Soldiers. Do we need to evolve? Or de-evolutionize ourselves in order to clear away some of the technology fog? Like the gentleman earlier states "What does not evolve, revolves." Thoughts?

Second reason for writing is or should I say, the main, is to get back in touch with you. I ran across your picture and name on this sight.