Kiwi:

Perhaps if there is any de-stabilization going on it is because of the phenomenom (sic) you experienced yourself, sort of. The gov and segments of the polity seem determined to eliminate the right spelled out by the Second Amendment and people react to that.. So maybe you should look at the "Second Amendment"/scary looking like a movie weapon' lobby as a reaction to a provocation.

One of the most disturbing elements of the elite liberal establishment's attitudes is the hostility toward religion. This is being played out in some court cases now. THAT is very dangerous, far more than they know. The US is a very religious country and if the gov seriously tries to mess with that there will be trouble. Serious trouble.

Stan:

ARs, at least 5.56 mm/.223 ones aren't meant for hunting much more than prairie dogs. They are used for all kinds of other things and are good at those things.

There are really good shooters. And then there are not such really good shooters...like me. We started out with 8 shot .45s and when we switched to 16 shot Glock 31s I felt a whole lot better about things. As I felt a whole lot better with the AR up front and the 12 gauge in the trunk.