Thread: Terrorism: What's Coming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Rant excepted

Quote Originally Posted by J Wolfsberger View Post
    However, before that can occur, the West in general, and the US in particular, need to do some serious soul searching. A few of the topics might include: the difference between moral position (committing troops and dollars to ending a situation such as Darfur) and moral posturing (viewing Darfur with alarm and forming a discussion group to talk about how awful it is); the difference between journalism and propaganda (referring to the "Global War on Terror" as opposed to renaming it "The So-Called Global War on Terror"); do we really have any moral obligation to band aid the problem (e.g. food aid to Zimbabwe) if we don't have a right or obligation to fix the problem (e.g. food aid to Zimbabwe delivered by the 82nd Airborne and a couple of MAUs)?

I know it will be controversial, but one the Bush had dead on right: we are going to have terrorism with us until we remove the root causes that lead people to adopt it.

[/rant]
    I agree with what your saying but it just reminds me of the part about humanities I hate so much.(because it's so confusing)

Sometimes you have to do the right thing, but sometimes the right thing is the wrong thing, unless your someone else looking at it then the right or wrong things might be something different all together.
    Last edited by Ron Humphrey; 12-10-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: I can't spell either