Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
...to the SWC it is indeed a question for them to ponder.
Not just SWC, I think...
There are no absolutes, but some concepts are more helpful than others.
True. However, concepts that blind one to other possibilities are rarely helpful.
But I recognize I am out in front on this, and also that I may be out in front because I am headed in the wrong direction. But I don't think I am.
Of course you don't or you wouldn't beat it to death so regularly. I don't think you're headed in the wrong direction though it does often appear you have latched onto an overly specific azimuth of theory rather than a direction of travel -- and that to the exclusion of all others. "No deviants" amounts to an ideology...

That is of course your prerogative. I'd also suggest you are not out in front because what you posit is neither radical or innovative, you just are an exceptionally strong proponent for a theory espoused by others; Sachs, Nye, James Earl Carter et.al. currently, Aristotle way back when...

It's a theory. Like most it is often correct but sometimes wrong. As is always true, determining that a given theory is gospel (witness US Cold War theory...) can delude one into occasionally following a wrong path. As you say, there are no absolutes and it behooves one to not let a concept become concrete booties...