Thread: Headhunters are about...

Default Headhunters are about...

Cross posted from the SWJ Blog:

... see this article from the Financial Times titled "Recruiting Sergeants get their marching orders" (LINK) (Registration may be required). It states that the British Army is outsourcing Recruiting to a contractor. I wonder how long it will take us to get that smart...

Quite a few folks would fight tooth and nail against a contracor solution.

Default Most, I suspect.

I have reservations about just using civilians -- even retirees in uniform -- in Recruiting Stations. However, the current system is expensive and has flaws as well. What if, instead of going out beating the bushes and trying to identify with prospects, we made the prospects want to seek entrance and turned most down...

Tun Tavern was cool but it was quite a few years ago -- yet we're still doing many things little different. The Corps did okay with "We never promised you a Rose garden..." Take that a few steps further, accept cuts in quantity (harder to get approved than changing to contract Recruiters... ) to get better quality. There are alternatives that merit consideration. We need to change the way we do business but not the way we operate -- the current tooth to tail ratio is going to hurt if we don't change it.