Thread: Site access problems?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SWCAdmin
    For us to solve it, please send the following two bits of info by e-mail to webmaster@smallwarsjournal.com. (Do not post here)
    Please check your e-mail. I've been blocked for two days now. This is being posted from an alternate location.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    This is being posted from an alternate location.
    Say hello to the Vice President for me.

I have not been blocked but the speed is really down, especially when posting. May or may not have anything to do with security levels.

The other thing that Slapout and I recently noticed while PMing with Carl and Lawvol, every PM went out twice to our email addresses.

Lastly, which has Juliet to do with this thread, I've noticed that the edit function for posts disappears within two hours. I recall having a smigin more time to return to my post, delete or dot I's and cross T's.

For general info:
    Edit privileges do expire, as Stan has noticed. Intent is allow corrections of oopses, typos, immediate second thoughts, etc. but not to allow changing statements depending on how they are received. Members can put clarifications or corrections in follow-on posts. We ask all to consider what you post, before you post it.

Regarding Stan's other issues: (would have PM'd but am here already)

Speed will ebb and flow. Sometimes it has to do with our server loads and stuff. Other times it is network traffic between you and us. I hope it has come back.

I can't explain the double PM notice. I have seen it once or twice in an e-hiccup. Just grabbing at straws, are you in the To: block twice?

If these last two haven't gotten better with time, please let me know by PM.

Are the last two still

I was blocked yesterday for several hours and emailed Tom.
    When I went to the home page, it timed out but later worked fine. However going directly to council.smallwarsjournal.com for log-in, access was denied.

Don't know if Tom got ahold of you, or the fantom merely gave up as all was back to normal.

You're correct, the PMs had me addressed twice. When hitting reply to a multiple addressee PM, it doesn't appear that all are on the addressee line (apparently they are but not shown ?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I was blocked yesterday for several hours and emailed Tom.
    When I went to the home page, it timed out but later worked fine. However going directly to council.smallwarsjournal.com for log-in, access was denied.

Don't know if Tom got ahold of you, or the fantom merely gave up as all was back to normal.

You're correct, the PMs had me addressed twice. When hitting reply to a multiple addressee PM, it doesn't appear that all are on the addressee line (apparently they are but not shown ?)
    Nope buddy. I don't get email at home

Council Member

Default Just a thank-you

I was blocked for a while but an e-mail to webmaster has returned me from limbo. Thanks

Are others who were blocked accessing simultaneously from more than one machine behind a NAT enabled router? Just a thought as to why it might view me as a DoS attacker.