I am extremely encouraged that Aftergood of FAS did not approve of this. At least there is some sanity coming from the other side of the fence on this issue. In any case, I agree with most of the comments in the article and at Muqawama's site - this is very dated information of little to no value. In that regard, I am confident that friends of mine are in no more danger than they were before.

On the other hand, I don't understand how people get away with this crap. Classified information is not for the public domain and I have received a fair amount of briefings that warned me about possible jail time if I were to do something like this. Why do the powers that be seem to ignore this stuff? Is it simply because the information (in this case) is harmless? This seems like a pretty straightforward case of breaking the law. I am reminded of the drug legalization thread where there was discussion about soft drugs as a "gateway" to hard drugs. Likewise, it seems that stealing FOUO is a gateway to stealing Secret, which is a gateway to stealing Secret with various caveats, and so on.