Thread: The Russian economy (catch all)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    I like shortbread cookies. Or... do cookies choose me?

Then why in other posts do you hype a threat of imminent Russian invasion?

Not in public, at least. At some point, Washington and Moscow (and the EU) will sort out the details at the negotiating table. It's not a matter of "if" but of "when" and under what conditions. I'm not against the U.S. increasing it's leverage prior to negotiations through diplomatic and economic maneuvering - that's par for the course. Anyway, the long view is a political settlement. There will not be a perpetual conflict in Ukraine (or with Russia).

Negri's work is fundamentally a critique of neoliberal capitalism - I'm not a neo-liberal myself - but his ideology departs from a nationally-centered position. Frankly - my concern is chiefly with American interests; not with Ukrainian, or Russian, or South African. Internationalism is a strategy not an end-state.
    AP---I hype it because in fact and most of the time you seem to not read---Russian GRU/FSB/SF and two Airborne BNs have in fact crossed over in the night of 16 to 17 July so it is not a question of when or how---it is a question on just how many are already across.

So based on your holding onto the mistaken belief that negotiations will occur---do you mind telling us when because from where I sit yes they will occur- but maybe in 1-3 years and yes the Ukraine internal fighting will continue even if Russia does not formally cross as that is the way of proxy wars but since you never fought in one then that must explain your avid holding onto negotiations as the answer.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 08-10-2014 at 08:10 AM.