Mike,

I think you might be close as to why some bloggers don't necessarily hang with us here at the Council, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be another reason as well: control. On their blogs they have total control, and there really isn't any discussion in the sense that we have here. They can turn off (or ignore) comments, which don't even necessarily show up on the main post unless you click on a link. Here they can't do that.

We have had one or two blogging types show up here, and they seemed rather uncomfortable (at least to me) that their ideas were questioned or even discussed in a non-agreeing way. It's hard to get your canned message out when you can't control the message past the initial post.

My take on blogs (and I have to admit in the interest of full disclosure that I don't really care for them) is that they are vehicles for canned messages, opinions, or information and often not vehicles for discussion. There are of course some notable exceptions (just like there are a raft of crappy message boards out there), but it seems to me that some of the more interesting blogs take on the "question and answer" or "discussion" mode of message boards.

Just my $.01. It would be $.02 but I'm not footnoteable.....