Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I'm darn glad I served in places where most of the people you have don't want to go
I don't have to deal with them either, luckily... they rarely come up to where I am, and if any stray in they generally leave quickly. Lived in the Subic area for a while, and that was strange. That place has more than its share of the moldy expat community.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
We will have to get together, and over several brews recant our stories
Stop by if you're in this hemisphere. That would be a lot of stories, I suspect!

Quote Originally Posted by ganulv View Post
If I were to see the end of my days in Igorot country I would much prefer my remains get the hanging coffin treatment. Though what with the caving and all I would guess this fellow is happily spending eternity beneath the ground.
Cliff burials are actually unique to our town, never heard of them elsewhere in the area. You have to be a respected elder to get one, though, and falling down a hole doesn't earn one much respect here. Another odd part of that story is that the relatives who came over said the guy's father had died in a fall on a construction site. Apparently the family had some issues with gravity.