Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
And I am supposed to give a rats ass about that?
You're the one that suggested that I should give a rat's ass about opinions published elsewhere... why would those opinions be more significant than those expressed here? Is the significance of an opinion proportional to the extent to which you share it?

I realize that in your mind you have all the answers and anyone who doesn't share your opinions is useless, but you must realize tha's not a very effective starting point for a discussion.

Some around here seem to be pretty informed and provide valuable information to those seeking it... then there are a fair percentage that are clearly way out in left field and have little idea of what they are talking about.
In other words, they disagree with your omniscience. So it goes. That doesn't mean they've little idea what they're talking about, it means they disagree with you.

Libya falls into that second group... would have been wrapped up in an afternoon, had there been the will.
What would have been wrapped up? Removing MG?

Must it be written in letters of fire across the computer screen? The problem isn't removing MG, the problem is making sure we don't get stuck with responsibility for doing it, and thus responsibility for the mess that comes after. Yes, if we wanted to remove MG we could have done it very quickly, just as we removed Saddam and the Taliban very quickly. Removing a bad government does not wrap things up. That's not where the problems end, it's where they start.

Just because you can do something doesn't make it a smart thing to do.