Thread: Of Mice and Men: Gangs, Narco-Terrorism, and the USA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Slap, I actually read Sullivan's article after I posted my initial thoughts. I plan on contacting him- he seems to "get it." I was suprised by his insight and the parallels to my initial observations.

Before we go Vic Mackey Shield style, I thought I'd ask for y'alls feedback.

The worst thing I could provide to this community is a narrow-minded, cookie-cutter approach to a messy or wicked problem. Thus, I'm throwing my thoughts out for your feedback.

As we debate the small wars abroad, we can help out our law enforcement brothers at home with a little perspective. Along a certain spectrum, we may find a midpoint where everything intersects.

So again, what are your thoughts?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Slap, I actually read Sullivan's article after I posted my initial thoughts. I plan on contacting him- he seems to "get it." I was suprised by his insight and the parallels to my initial observations.

Before we go Vic Mackey Shield style, I thought I'd ask for y'alls feedback.

The worst thing I could provide to this community is a narrow-minded, cookie-cutter approach to a messy or wicked problem. Thus, I'm throwing my thoughts out for your feedback.

As we debate the small wars abroad, we can help out our law enforcement brothers at home with a little perspective. Along a certain spectrum, we may find a midpoint where everything intersects.

So again, what are your thoughts?

Mike

Let me think about it some.

Slap,

BTW, I forgot to thank you for the excellent Sullivan article.

As I attempted to articulate earlier, there is a problem in NorCal that may proceed out of control. I don't have any answers yet, but I'm trying to redefine, frame, scale, or scope the problem in a way that has not been done before.

I'm not a stakeholder, so I'm very flexible...

Mike

If your going to put together a Task Force you need to have aggressive people who know the players to get things rolling and they need to have the backing to allow them them to be proactive. They will naturally attract complaints to some extent if they are properly doing their jobs. The CRASH model seemed to work until they worked themselves out of a job and were no longer politically feasible. A good TF is also going to need to need various stakeholders like ICE and even Social Security officers to be effective. One of the ones we had up here paid major dividends. It turned out that some of the "participants" would rather go back to their respective homes of origin than to risk doing Federal time. It's all cyclical to some extant. Once the pressure is removed they come back.

MikeF, here is a paper from the SWJ library you might to look at.

http://smallwarsjournal.com/document...treetgangs.pdf

Also can you give more details about what you are trying to accomplish?