Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
wm---just a side note---some of us were especially far more in tune with what the actual war plans were for USECOM than even USECOM fully understood up to 1984 and then into the 1989 Reforger exercise as some of us spent literally hours dissecting them down to our operational/tactical levels as we were major players in the first critical initial hours and days until the rest of the US Army came over.

The unit that some of us worked for over the years has been finally allowed to have it's existence declassified 30 years (Jan 2014) after it's deactivation ---what we did, where we did it, and how we did it is still classified until 2044 as some of the techniques and procedures that we developed are still in use worldwide today by several elite units.

So there will be no books, no stories/rumors nor leaked articles on what we did---we will literally disappear as veterans into the world of silence having played major unsung roles for years during the Cold War and will take those successes to the grave with us.

So again some of us fully understood the USECOM war plans as well as the limitations of US/NATO Forces in Germany up to 1989 and a "win" it would not have been---better yet call it a "draw" if USEOM had been able to make it back to the inner German border.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/loca...fe4c4a0bf.html
I find it interesting that you claim to know the war plan better than the planners, but I doubt the veracity of that statement. More importantly, a plan is just a plan; it is axiomatic that no plan survives first contact. In fact, nearly every op plan I have seen executed was frago'ed before it was converted from a plan to an opord. At the lowest tactical level that may not be the case so much, but then units at , say, battalion and below do not normally write op plans, at least not in my experience. YMMV