Thread: Abolish the Air Force

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    On the use of air and rocket delivered munitions - I think there are some benefits that go beyond straight justification of support:
    Ahhh Soo.

Thank you for the explanation Rob. The training benefits sorta occurred to me but the rest I never would have thought of.

Stars and Stripes should add a paragraph explaining these things so those of us not fully knowledgeable (ignorant) will understand.

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Ahhh Soo.

Thank you for the explanation Rob. The training benefits sorta occurred to me but the rest I never would have thought of.

Stars and Stripes should add a paragraph explaining these things so those of us not fully knowledgeable (ignorant) will understand.
    Rob fleshed out my opinion somewhat, having employed ordnance to send a message as well as create a tactical effect.

That said, awfully expensive way to do it. $2 mil of ordnance for $50k of mudbrick.

We used dozers to clear the rubble around the Government Center in Ramadi. But we also cratered a dirt causeway. The first 1000lb missed, the second missed, and finally they dropped a 2000lb bomb that did the trick. They were using LGB's rather than JDAM's, though.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?