Page 30 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump impact on US policy

Council Member

#Lavrov tells German reporter it's not up to #Russia to prove it isn't hacking, but rather up to Germany to prove it is.

BUT WAIT...is this not exactly what Trump has been saying....

WHAT both Lavrov and Trump do not want to admit is that I am sitting on physical evidence of a major Russian sponsored hack and the Germans can in fact prove it.....as I can as well....

Russians are getting sloppy these days....WHAT amazes me is that they do not feel the West will cyber attack back....if I was a Russian bank I would be highly concerned as they are basically poorly defended....Russian banks spent a total of 25M USDs on internet security last year compared to say JP Morgan's 600M USDs...

Russian banks are under constant hacking attacks from the Russian mafia on an hourly basis these days..

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Interesting article actually and it comes from TASS the Russian media outlet which is one of their major global disinformation and propaganda players..

WHAT is more interesting is this particular so called Trump advisor who has not been mentioned at all in US press and or social media before this statement.....

http://tass.com/world/925367

Interestingly there were also more Trump advisors being quoted as well as Trump in TASS press releases....

Trump says Putin’s thoughts on Russian-US relations are 'so correct'
    Interesting comments by this Trump pick for DoS position....

Trump Advisor Not Sold on Science Because Scientists Have Been Wrong 'Throughout the 5,500-Year History of Our Planet'
    He later clarified that he was talking about “well-recorded human history”, not the age of planet Earth.

On 14 December 2016, Anthony Scaramucci —#an advisor to President-elect Donald Trump and an executive member of his transition team —#appeared on the CNN show "New Day" in an interview with anchor Chris Cuomo.
    The primary topic of discussion was the transition team’s recent request for the names of DOE employees who have worked on Obama’s clean energy or climate change initiatives — a deeply controversial and completely unprecedented move with which the DOE has refused#to comply.
    In that interview, Scaramucci tried to#pivot by making the (unsubstantiated) point that a scientific consensus does not exist around the topic of the anthropogenic contribution to global warming:
    SCARAMUCCI: I know that the current president believes that the human beings are affecting the climate. There are scientists that believe that that's not happening. I think that for me personally --
    CUOMO: The overwhelming consensus in the scientific community is that man's actions have an impact [...]
    Scaramucci, who has stated on Twitter that he is#not a climate change denier, but “a pragmatist who wants market-driven solutions,” made it clear that his views, while potentially malleable, were not informed by science:
    I'm not suggesting that we're not affecting the change. I honestly don't know, I'm not a scientist.
    In a series of other comments in the six-minute interview, however, Scaramucci attempted to make the point that the views of scientists shouldn’t necessarily be taken at face value, because scientists have been wrong in the past:
    There was an overwhelming science that the Earth was flat. And there was an overwhelming science that [...] we were the center of the world. A hundred percent, you know, we get a lot of things wrong in the scientific community. You and I both know that.
    While it is obviously factually accurate that scientists have been wrong in the past (science is, of course, a process of building consensus amongst a heterogeneous group of individuals and not an infallible god making decrees), the examples Scaramucci used were not factual either, as Slate’s Phil Plait explained:
    This is utterly wrong. No, there was not overwhelming science that the Earth is flat; the ancient Greeks knew we lived on a sphere more than 2,000 years ago.
    And by “center of the world” I guess he means “center of the Universe,” but the best answer to that is precisely how Cuomo replied to these statements: “It’s called ignorance. You learn over time.”
    In the final moments of the segment, Scaramucci reiterated his point about the fallibility of science in a way that seemed to suggest he believed that Earth was 5,500 years old:
    CUOMO: You said you don't know. I'm saying the scientific community does.
    SCARAMUCCI: But you're saying that you do, and you're saying the scientific community knows, and I'm saying people have gotten things wrong throughout the 5,500-year history of our planet.
    In a longer cut of the video, however, it does appear that Scaramucci said "or I should say human history" to himself as#Cuomo was speaking.#In a later#tweet, Scaramucci said that he accepts 4.5 billion years for the age of the Earth. In a response for clarification on what Scaramucci meant by his 5,500 year comment, he provided us#with the following#response:
    Was referring to well-recorded human history. Cuomo understood what I was saying but the segment was ending.
    Many anthropologists and historians would agree with Scaramucci on this final point. The written historical record is generally thought to begin at around that time with advent of Sumerian cuneiform tablets, which is roughly in line with his assertion that 5,500 years referred to written human history.
    It should also be noted, however, that historians have, from time to time, been wrong as well.
    http://www.snopes.com/2016/12/16/tru...ld-on-science/

Council Member

Kremlin TV rejoicing over Trump's ostensible antagonism to Germany, the last pillar of the European order.
    https://www.1tv.ru/news/2017/01/16/3...e_zayavleniya#

So, that idiot declared war on European Union & sets it in motion just because some trees got into his way somewhere in Northern-Ireland and the EU would not approve the destruction of an ancient for Ireland last forested area ...for his golf course....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-17-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Council Member

THIS reinforces a previous Russian comment to Trump's offer to lift sanctions for nuclear weapons reductions.....that I posted yesterday....

Putin's spokesman says that even if Trump lifts sanctions, Russia may not want to talk nuclear disarmament.
    http://www.newsru.com/russia/16jan2017/peskov.html#

Putin wants Trump to flatly lift the sanctions with no reciprocal move by Russia....

WHY does he feel that he can demand this?????
    Russian parliament doesn't see why Russia should have to give up anything to get sanctions lifted. Leverage - gone.
    https://ria.ru/defense_safety/20170116/1485791747.html#

Council Member

EU, including #Netherlands, #France & #Germany, are bracing themselves for #Russia|n "influence operations":
    http://www.rferl.org/a/europe-russia...28236212.html#

BUT WAIT .....Trump denies this even happens especially in the US.....

BUT WAIT...does not Trump's close advisor Bannon via Breitbart.com have offices now in France/UK/Germany/Holland ...how can he work EU and then be a TS/SCI clearance holder in DC......conflict of interest...it sure is...if you are working two locations and earning salaries in two locations and if Trump is dealing with those same countries FP wise....

"Putin's friend" Le Pen to recognize Crimea Russian if she wins France elections
    http://www.unian.info/politics/17277...lections.html#

Council Member

Brennan to Trump: Tell the families of dead CIA officers their loved ones were akin to Nazis
    http://on.wsj.com/2jtIa9T
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

APPEARS Flynn and his son WANT to overturn the 9/11 Commission's strong suggestion to create the ODNI.....

Flynn's son posts article saying Flynn should take control of 16 intel agencies now reporting to dni https://twitter.com/mflynnjr/status/...123033219072#…

SHOULD we forget that Flynn was fired "for cause" from the DIA director position as he failed to provide adequate leadership there.....

SHOULD we forget Flynn deliberately leaked CIA TS/SCI operational intel to the Pakistani Intelligence Service THUS causing the deaths of THREE Americans one a COL...

SHOULD we forget that Flynn is a massive user of "conspiracy theories"..NOT to mention is anti Muslim rants the past several years.....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Removal of photo which is superfluous

Council Member

We need some humor when the topic is Trump.....Syria and eastern Ukraine....

"What do you mean, vet’s office? YOU SAID WE WERE GOING TO THE PHILHARMONIC!"

Council Member

So, this happened.

Hey Don - if you could lay off the crazy tweets about the PRC for a while, that would be super.

BREAKING: Chinese state-media editorial says Trump showing "strategic arrogance" and China must prepare for a "head-on confrontation"

Council Member

What Trump said on healthcare is like, "We're going to Mars without fuel, for the price of a popsicle stick -- NASA is figuring out details"

Refers to his statement..."we are throwing out Obamacare and everyone will have insurance coverage....they are almost finished with the plan...you will find out more later".....

HOW much later he did not specify....typical....

Council Member

Mariachi bands and GRU are basically the same thing.

Large chunks of the #GOP have lost their mind thanks to Trump

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/polit...igning-clinton

WASHINGTON — A Texas lawmaker#on the#House intelligence committee says it wasn't just the Russians who interfered in last year's election.
    Rep. Mike Conaway, R-Midland, is comparing the#use of Mexican entertainers to energize Democratic voters to the email hacking that officials say was orchestrated#by#Vladimir Putin's government.
    “Harry Reid and the Democrats brought in Mexican soap opera stars, singers and entertainers who had immense influence in those communities into Las Vegas, to entertain, get out the vote and so forth,” Conaway told The Dallas Morning News this week. “Those are foreign actors, foreign people, influencing the vote in Nevada. You don’t hear the Democrats screaming and saying one word about that.”
    Asked whether he considers that on par with Russian cyber-intrusions that aimed to damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign, Conaway said: “Sure it is, it’s foreign influence. If we’re worried about foreign influence, let’s have the whole story.”
    Vicente Fernández, a famous Mexican singer and entertainer, recorded a song during the campaign supporting Clinton. After the third presidential debate, Fernández joined California-based band Los Tigres del Norte and American-born Mexican actress Angélica María at a post-debate “fiesta” in Las Vegas.
    Clinton came to the event and thanked Fernández backstage for his song, noting that it had gone viral online. Democratic Senate candidate Catherine Cortez Masto, who won the race to replace Reid, also attended the event.
    “It worked really well in Nevada, as you see,” Conaway said, pointing out that Democrats performed strongly in the state on Election Day. “Those folks are monster in the Hispanic community. They hold great sway.”
    Texas Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro, a fellow member of the House intelligence panel and vice chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, laughed when told of Conaway's comments#and said he assumes Conaway must have been joking.
    “He knows there’s a big difference between Vicente Fernandez performing at a Hillary Clinton event and Vladimir Putin ordering interference with our elections,” Castro said. “The intelligence community has indicated that Vladimir Putin essentially ordered cyberwarfare, and nothing else compares to that.”
    Cortez Masto, who became the nation's first Latina senator when she was sworn#in this month, responded to Conaway's claim in a tweet late Thursday, describing it#as "a pathetic and offensive attempt to try to diminish the consensus that Russia meddled in the 2016 election to boost Donald Trump."
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Removal of photo which is superfluous

Council Member

In FOUR long years unless we have impeachment....we will need a Trump dictionary

Can anyone understand where his brain is rambling with this direct question???? It is almost like he has these massive pieces of information floating around in his head in no logical order and then he just rambles anything together and in his head it makes sense to those listening they think he is crazy with a nuclear trigger finger and no control....

THAT is why he does not do press conferences as we have seen even those results....chaos....

THE TIMES: Do you care about other countries?
    TRUMP: I'm told there's some sort of trouble in Afghanistan.

Council Member

Eagle-eyed @AceInCharlotte snapped Rybolovlev and Trump planes in Concord on Nov 3–and tweets she tried to contact local news and CNN..they were not interested.....
    Azor...this goes to the hear to what I have been saying to you since Steele released his reports.....in the HUMINT world if you react on "sole source" HUMINT then you have verified something that leads you to fully accept this report and believe me the US IC has verified some items that depict Trump Russian money ties thus compromised....

I have done it and I am not the US IC and I sit in Berlin but link analysis I can do well......BTW....will post more on the 19% Rosneft 12B USD deal that Page was involved with.....key fact buried in the Steele report that is turning out to be very valid....

NOTICE in this statement the words....."on that dossier's findings"......something in those "findings" hit oil and hard.....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-17-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Council Member

Azor...notice the Putin use of the word "prostitutes" ........in Russian this word actually has a double meaning....means actually someone who sells themselves or information for a cause/goal.....notice this is the plural use of the word....

And Steele was wrong with his report......?????
    Putin Compares Those Behind Trump Dossier to 'Prostitutes'; US Official Says Poor Relations Are Russia's Fault
    http://www.interpretermag.com/russia...7-2017/#15955#

Hope Putin is not alluding anything to Trump with this video.....
    Here's Putin bragging about Russian prostitutes, "undoubtedly the best in the world." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OGObyWz1fg#

MORE being piled onto Trump as it get's closer to his taking power.....

There's more than one source, more than one tape & more than one date of allegations in the 'credible' Trump intel dossier: CIA to the BBC.
    US MSM missed this from Putin himself on Russia today last month.....

Putin hints that #Russia did have a hand in Trump's unexpected victory in the US presidential election, despite predictable Kremlin denial.
    Last month, at a press conference on Russian state fake news channel, Russia Today.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Council Member

Interesting article actually and it comes from TASS the Russian media outlet which is one of their major global disinformation and propaganda players..

WHAT is more interesting is this particular so called Trump advisor who has not been mentioned at all in US press and or social media before this statement.....

http://tass.com/world/925367

Interestingly there were also more Trump advisors being quoted as well as Trump in TASS press releases....

Trump says Putin’s thoughts on Russian-US relations are 'so correct'
    "Scaramucci said, adding the focus should now be on finding common cause with Russia."
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1511RM#

Council Member

Donald J. Trump
    Verified account
    ‏@realDonaldTrump
    With all of the jobs I am bringing back into the U.S. (even before taking office), with all of the new auto plants coming back into our.....

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h
    2 hours ago

country and with the massive cost reductions I have negotiated on military purchases and more, I believe the people are seeing "big stuff."

Ever notice Trump takes credit for things he never really fulfilled...

"massive cost reductions I negotiated on military purchases" is a blatant lie.....

He is talking about for example the F35...which is a Federal defense contract and only the government purchasing agencies have the authority to redo defense contracts...WHICH naturally Trump seems to not understand.....

NOTICE that the LM CEO stated it would be possible to maybe lower individual plane cost...BUT it was not discussed per se in his meeting with Trump as he knows full well that only the government contracting agencies can change defense contracts....

Council Member

Trump nominee faces multiple allegations of insider trading
    http://thkpr.gs/114bf5e50b0f

WAS it not Trump who shouted at each of his rallies...."drain the swamp".....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Council Member

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump Jan 13
    The "Unaffordable" Care Act will soon be history!

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) on Tuesday released dire estimates on how repealing parts of the Affordable Care Act, without a proper replacement, would affect Americans’ health-insurance coverage. According to the study, repealing the law’s mandate penalties and subsidies would result in 18 million more uninsured people in the first new plan year following repeal. “Later, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid eligibility and of subsidies for insurance purchased through the ACA marketplaces, that number would increase to 27 million, and then to 32 million in 2026,” the study continued. Additionally, health-care premiums for all U.S. customers would increase by 20 percent to 25 percent in the first year, with the increase reaching about 50 percent after the elimination of the Medicaid expansion and the subsidies. The estimates were based on the 2015 ACA repeal bill proposed by Republicans, as the GOP has yet to introduce new legislation for the current Congress. President-elect Donald Trump has demanded a repeal of Obamacare and the introduction of a replacement “quickly,” despite hesitance from party leaders over the speed at which such a feat can be accomplished.

Council Member

Putin says Moscow prostitutes are the best in the world. Seriously, what is it with Putin today? One misstep after another. He's in a tizzy.

VVP sends a not-so-subtle hint that the kompromat is real, and can be deployed any time it suits him
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-17-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Council Member

Wonder if Trump knows this....before he pulls all US sanctions on Russia.....

Really worth reading the long article....

Why Vladimir Putin Hates Us
    Western inability to grasp what motivates our enemies is nothing new

http://observer.com/2016/11/why-vlad...WH4h7DGPZb4.tw...

He’s done it again. The honey badger in the Kremlin just moved more advanced missiles into position on Russia’s most westerly fringe to own the Baltic Sea. This week Moscow admitted it has deployed cutting-edge Bastion anti-ship missiles to the Kaliningrad exclave, north of Poland, plus equally advanced S-400 air defense systems to shoot down aircraft and missiles as far as 250 miles out.

With this move, the Kremlin has established control over the Baltic Sea, most of Poland and the Baltic republics—NATO members all. Russia now can exert anti-access and area denial—what the Pentagon calls A2AD for short—at will, meaning that any NATO aircraft or ships entering the region can be hit long before they get close to Kaliningrad. For Western military planners, this is nothing short of a nightmare, since Moscow can now block NATO reinforcements headed east to counter, say, Russian military moves on the vulnerable Baltic republics.

That scenario, wherein Moscow’s forces overrun a Baltic republic or two before NATO can meaningfully respond, is judged alarmingly plausible by Alliance planners, yet nobody should be surprised that Vladimir Putin has done this. One month ago, when he moved nuclear-capable Iskander-M ballistic missiles into Kaliningrad last month, initiating a Baltic version of the Cuban Missile Crisis, President Obama’s response was…nothing.

The outgoing commander-in-chief decided that he needed to appease the Kremlin one more time before leaving the White House, to the horror of our allies who live close to Russia. “We’re on our own until January 20, and maybe much longer,” was how a senior Alliance defense official in that neighborhood explained the reality of what Obama has done through his inaction.

For good measure, this week the Russian defense ministry indicated that the deployment of Iskander-M systems to Kaliningrad, which Moscow has said was merely part of a military exercise, will be staying there permanently. Since those missiles can launch nuclear or conventional warheads as far as 300 miles with stunning accuracy, Russia now holds a powerful military advantage over NATO in the Baltic region.

Predictably, the Kremlin maintains that moving state-of-the art missiles into Kaliningrad is a response to American ballistic missile defenses which have been deployed in Eastern Europe. As usual, Moscow depicts all its military moves, even ones which are destabilizing to regional security, as cosmically defensive, so great is the Western threat to Russia.

Russian remains an existential threat to the United States in a manner that jihadists simply are not, no matter what Islam-alarmists say.
    Such brazen chessboard moves with cutting-edge weaponry are hardly surprising, since Putin has been challenging Western—especially American—power all around the world of late. The Kremlin cares so little about our reactions to its provocations that it’s admitted it played clandestine spy-games with our elections, conceding that Wikileaks is a Russian pawn. Simply put, President Obama’s consistent unwillingness to confront Putin’s bad behavior on the global stage has predictably led to more—and worse—of it.

Of course, why Putin is doing all this, playing dangerous games which could provoke a major war, looms as a big question here, albeit one that Western foreign policy gurus have trouble answering. Our academic international relations experts, who indulge in silliness like game-theory or realist fantasies to explain Putin’s increasingly aggressive policies, have difficulty explaining why the Kremlin—which after all in military or economic terms is vastly weaker than NATO—is acting so brazenly.

Western inability to grasp what motivates our enemies is nothing new. Fifteen years ago, in the aftermath of al-Qa’ida’s attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, everybody wanted to know “why they hate us.” President George W. Bush spoke the received Beltway wisdom when he explained that jihadists and Islamists hate us because of our “freedoms.”

Such escapism, while flattering to American self-perceptions, was completely wrong. The answer was right there since jihadists talk nonstop (especially online) about their worldview. Their hatred for Americans and the West has nothing to do with our freedoms, which radical Muslims care nothing about. It has everything to do with our policies—especially our support for Israel and our military presence in Muslim countries—plus our decadent way of life, particularly Western post-modern sexual mores, which jihadists see as literally invading their countries through media and entertainment.

Misunderstanding what makes our enemies tick is old hat in Washington. During the Cold War, our academic mavens, highly paid by the Pentagon to prognosticate about the Kremlin’s inner workings, paid little attention to Soviet public statements. Such aggressively anti-Western Marxist-Leninist pronouncements, often threatening nuclear war, were dismissed by our experts, academics plus Intelligence Community eggheads, who insisted that these ravings were just for show: in private, Soviet political and military leaders were calm and rational men just like us.

Of course, after the Cold War we learned that the Kremlin leadership said the same nutty things in private, dripping with Communist hatred for the capitalist West, that they yelled in Red Square. It’s tough enough for any person to maintain a completely different public persona than his private one, while for a whole regime it’s impossible. Therefore, pay attention to what your enemies state openly—there’s a good chance they believe it.

It’s not like Putin and his minions have been hiding what they believe. Putin himself is very much a KGB man—what Russians call a Chekist—cunningly conspiratorial to his bones. Yet over the last decade, he has become an open Russian nationalist with strong religious overtones. Regime outlets pontificate nonstop about the evils of the West, castigating our decadence and depravity, reflecting a nationalism that is deeply grounded in Orthodox Christianity.

Putin has talked warmly about what he calls “spiritual security“—which means keeping versions of Christianity other than Russian Orthodoxy out of the country—even stating that Russia’s “spiritual shield”#is as important to her security as its nuclear shield. His inspiration for this comes from Orthodox thinkers, above all Ivan Ilyin, who hated the West with vigor and passion. This anti-Western worldview seems strange and even incomprehensible to most Americans, its reference points are utterly foreign to us, yet is grounded in centuries of Russian history and spiritual experience.

In this viewpoint, which I have termed Orthodox Jihadism, the West is an implacable foe of Holy Russia with whom there can be no lasting peace. For centuries—whether led by the Catholic Church, Napoleon, Hitler or the United States—the West has tried to subjugate Russia and thereby crush Orthodoxy, the one true faith. This is the Third Rome myth, which became very popular in 19th century Imperial Russia, postulating that it is Russia’s holy mission to resist the Devil and his work on earth.

Putin has reinvigorated such throwback thinking, making the Russian Orthodox Church—the de facto state religion—the ideological centerpiece of his regime. After Communism fell, the country needed a new ideological anchor, and Putinism found it in a potent amalgam of religion and nationalism which has far greater historical resonance with Russians than Communism ever did.

Western skeptics invariably note that Putin’s can’t really be an Orthodox believer and, besides, most Russians don’t bother to attend church regularly anyway. I have no idea what Putin actually believes—unlike Dubya I can’t see into his soul—but he certainly knows how to look like a real Orthodox, while the fact that regular church attendance in Russia isn’t particularly high doesn’t change that three-quarters of Russians claim to be Orthodox. The political reality is that Putinism has successfully convinced most Russians to go along with the official ideology, at least tacitly.

To get a flavor of what Putinism’s worldview looks like, simply listen to what Moscow says. It’s easy to find fire-breathing clerics castigating the West and its pushing of feminism and gay rights, which they openly term Satanic. The Russian “think tank” (in reality it’s just a website) Katehon is a Kremlin-approved outlet which offers heavy doses of geopolitics suffused with militant Orthodox nationalism. Significantly, its name comes from the Greek term for “he who resists the Antichrist”—and Katehon makes perfectly clear that the decadent, post-modern West is what they mean.

Then there’s Tsargrad TV, which is Russia’s version of Fox News, if Fox News were run by hardline Russian Orthodox believers. It’s the project of Konstantin Malofeev, a Kremlin-connected hedge funder-turned-religious crusader who wanted to give the country a news outlet that reflected traditional values. Its name is the traditional Slavic term for Constantinople—the Second Rome in Russian Orthodox formulation. A few months back, when Putin visited Mount Athos in Greece, one of Orthodox’s holiest sites, accompanied by Patriarch Kirill, the head of the Russian Orthodox Church, Tsargrad TV gave it wall-to-wall live coverage.

Continued...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-17-2017 at 05:24 PM.