Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post
A few things; I actually worked out of the building you occupy. I am guessing you are MiTT 2-2-1. I worked with the Team you replaced in your AO. I know Zagania (sp) well. Nice to know your LAN problems seem to be fixed being as though you can contribute to this board.
Wrt the way MiTT's conduct business. I had the unique perspective of working with BTT's (had my own for a short time), MiTT's and NPTT's. All were different and all were in different AO's. A friend of mine who had a NPTT was ordered by the MND-B CG that he was not to leave the FOB. He was the only other Marine TT working under an Army BCT. They were in Sadr City. I think there was/is somewhat of a disconnect between the MNF-I CG's intent and what perhaps some of this BCT Commanders were allowing. I concur with the adviser/Advisee relationship. Its critical for success. If your IA's see you departing every day, they will get the feeling or start to think, that you really can care less what happens to them and that you are only there because you have to be...anyhow...Wrt to MSOAG, MCTAG and TMAAG.

From what I understand (Army comrades can confirm) TMAAG isn't going to happen. That's all I really know. MSOAG (Marine Special Operations Group) belongs to MARSOC and is Special Forces. You must take an screening then RSAS. If your not combat arms don't bother. Unlike SF in the Army, you have to be combat arms in the Marine Corps to play (experience/skill level notwithstanding). From what I understand MSOAG is not involved in Iraq at all.
MCTAG belongs to MARFORCOM which is MCTAG's HHQ's. They deploy conventional advisers.
Xenophon and Boot,

I would ask you to be a bit more considered in what you post in these forums. Your threads contain detail or suggestions of TTP, unit locations, unit designation and CF policy and CF morale in the ITO. All of which are the type of detail covered by MNF-I and MNC-I opsec guidance. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. Or look my name up on NIPR or SIPR if you are in theatre,

Thanks

Mark