Quote Originally Posted by KingJaja View Post
A LOT has been happening in Nigeria this past week, but since nobody is interested, I'll probably stop posting.
Hey Jaja !
That would be a shame but you are certainly entitled to your own decisions. It's not a lack of interest as most of us are quite busy. I have 5 teams in Africa from Libya to Brazzaville and taking care of them is priority One.

To date, the Nigerian government seems incapable of responding to Boko Haram, and through a series of mistakes has revealed what outside observers have long suspected: certain elements of the security forces and political leaders of Muslim-majority northern Nigeria are either complicit with Boko Haram’s operations, or they are taking a rather complacent view of its success.
Thanks for a good find and read ! You and I have had some varying views on BH and this guy (7,000 miles away) manged to put all of that together. I'm of the opinion that the Nigerian security are wallowing in their slight successes and let their guard down, and, you have pointed out many times that BH has contacts at every level.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJaja View Post
3. For all their noise and violence Boko Haram is yet to cross the River (Niger) - i.e. they haven't posed a direct threat to Southern Nigeria, yet. If they do this, they would have crossed the River. Crossing the River means that all bets are off.
As you may recall, I often wondered what keeps BH from going after all the foreigners - soft targets. It's clear their reach south is limited, but it also seems clear the foreigners are not their prime targets.

Keep posting

Regards, Stan