Thread: Trying to get on the front foot - Taliban mistreatment claims

Default Trying to get on the front foot - Taliban mistreatment claims

The boss got a bit of a hit with his key message that other day (still drowned out by the ADF kills baby headlines though)

Taliban crying wolf on mistreatment claims: ADF

The Australian Defence Force (ADF) says Taliban forces in Afghanistan have adopted a new tactic of falsely accusing Coalition troops of mistreating detainees.
    An inquiry has cleared Australian troops of any wrongdoing in a battle in Afghanistan last year, which resulted in the deaths of two Afghan women, a baby and Australian soldier Luke Worsley.

A separate investigation is continuing into claims Taliban detainees were mistreated, after the death last month of Australian soldier Jason Marks.

The Vice Chief of the Defence Force, Lieutenant General Ken Gillespie, says he has noticed a trend emerging.

"The trend is also not necessarily to complain to the nation involved," he said.

"The trend would be rather to complain to the Dutch that Australians had mistreated detainees before they were handed over, or complain to the Australians that the Dutch had mistreated. That happens throughout the country."

"New" tactic? Really? I'm not sure that new is the right description. I'm thinking more like basic bread and butter tactic, or first line go to tactic. It has kind of been their thing for quite a while now.

SFC W

Default Tell me bout it

Quote Originally Posted by Uboat509 View Post
    "New" tactic? Really? I'm not sure that new is the right description. I'm thinking more like basic bread and butter tactic, or first line go to tactic. It has kind of been their thing for quite a while now.

SFC W
    Kid's been tryin that one on me and mine for years
    Any man can destroy that which is around him, The rare man is he who can find beauty even in the darkest hours

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur