Hardly. For one, many symptoms can be traced back to the financial issues.

Second, several nations have taxes on energy/oil that led to an effective market price higher than the one to be paid in the U.S. today. These other countries would have entered the crisis decades ago - but some of them are doing fine even today.

I pay 1.5€ per litre gasoline. That's 5.7 €/gallon which in turn is 7.8 US-$/gallon, for example. U.S. retail price: 3.1 US-$.
My country - Germany - is doing fine, albeit there's still a slight loss of growth to catch up to.

It makes more sense to look at the roots of the financial crisis in order to identify a bigger truth than just the symptom. I don't mean a political or law-wise look, but a macroeconomic look.
One could for example ask why the U.S. consumed and invested a fifth more goods before the crisis than it produced (after counting the small service trade balance surplus as goods production).
Meanwhile, resources were squandered on a colossal scale by building more houses than affordable, not pushing for energy efficiency, allowing the resource allocators in the financial sector to go mad and leech on the whole economy, neglecting infrastructure, spending much on the military, keeping up an incredibly inefficient and deficient healthcare system and maintaining a third world level of income inequality.

A crash was predictable, unavoidable - and the roots for this are still in existence, so there'll be another crash (or a long suffering) in this decade.