Thread: mTBI, PTSD and Stress (Catch All)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

After Nam, I stayed drunk a long time and I can't sleep unless I have a loaded weapon in my bedroom. That Mossberg is covered with dust but it is there. I never got any release until I felt honored as a Veteran and I got that from a Native American Pow wow about 18 yrs ago or so, their Veteran's Honor Song when all the Vets on hand go in the arena and move together around the flag and Native Staff. I'm not Indian but that's just my personal experience. Once I felt honored as a Vet, I was able to respect and honor the NVA/VC - men who just wanted to make it home and keep their buddies alive. It's a hell of a life we chose and I believe in time you will be able to look back and believe that if you had it all to over again, you would change nothing. I wouldn't. therapy never did a thing for me but I know a few guys that it did help. Hang in there.

Default I wouldn't have it any other way...

Thanks goesh. I was able to articulate and publish this experience because I made it through. I decided to let my final psychotherapy session be published for free because it can help others.

If some disagree or don't like it, then this thread was not for them.

As a smart, wise psychologist told me, "Either fix it now or end up divorced five times and dying from psorosis of the liver."

I have modeled it all mathematically. Eventually, after I take some rest and have time to finesse it, I'll publish it. I combined biology, economics, and pyschology into one model that can explain individual behavior, groups, and that of the state. But, for now, that must wait. I gotta fix myself first.

v/r

Mike
    Last edited by MikeF; 04-14-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    I combined biology, economics, and pyschology into one model that can explain individual behavior, groups, and that of the state.
    You'd better hurry. For some of us, that has been the underlying framework for our investment strategies. See behavioral finance. Not sure what the published literature is, yet. Look into it before publishing. See cryptomnesia. Worst case scenario, you discover that someone else thought of it first, but you realize even if they beat you to it, it took lots of smart people a long time to come up with what you came up with (or read, forgot, stored in your subconscious, and then pieced together) on your own.

Default A straight line

Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
    You'd better hurry. For some of us, that has been the underlying framework for our investment strategies. See behavioral finance. Not sure what the published literature is, yet. Look into it before publishing. See cryptomnesia. Worst case scenario, you discover that someone else thought of it first, but you realize even if they beat you to it, it took lots of smart people a long time to come up with what you came up with (or read, forgot, stored in your subconscious, and then pieced together) on your own.
    I used Wicked Problems literature to erase all the lines and come back with only one. It works for me.

Unfortunately, I gotta take it slow right now and let my brain heal a bit. Right before my cognitive screening test for TBI, I wanted to join in a rugby tournament. Not too smart.

I'm gonna present it in a couple of weeks to some distinguished professors who do things like study and map the eye to make new technologies. We'll see what they say.

Thanks for the input Schmedlap. Right now, I'm simply putting it down on paper so I don't forget it.

Mike

Moving sir,
    Thank you and carry on
    Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by sapperfitz82 View Post
    This truly is the bike helmet generation.

Default In other news...

Sometimes I forget to say,

"Welcome home brothers....Thank YOU for your service."

Last week, one of my boys was killed by his wife in an accident. Keep that in mind as you conduct safety briefs....

RIP SGT Eric Autio. See you on the final dropzone brother.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7326252&page=1

Eric was one of my paratroopers. His death is a shock and tragic, but his life was beautiful. He positively impacted everyone arround him with his strength, humor, and character.

Second platoon never rolled mounted without listening to OAR. So tonight, in memorandum, I ask you to join me in remembrance of a good man. Grab your drink of choice, kick back, and remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX32_...rom=PL&index=5

here's part two..to my deployed brothers, know we're thinking of you....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUND9AsL_6M

I apologize for my emotional outburts, but better on-line that can be erased...that's the way I found to resolve and return to the "real" world.

v/r

Mike

Council Member

Default Hi

I do not believe you have anything to apologize for.

Quote Originally Posted by goesh View Post
    After Nam, I stayed drunk a long time and I can't sleep unless I have a loaded weapon in my bedroom. That Mossberg is covered with dust but it is there. I never got any release until I felt honored as a Veteran and I got that from a Native American Pow wow about 18 yrs ago or so, their Veteran's Honor Song when all the Vets on hand go in the arena and move together around the flag and Native Staff. I'm not Indian but that's just my personal experience. Once I felt honored as a Vet, I was able to respect and honor the NVA/VC - men who just wanted to make it home and keep their buddies alive. It's a hell of a life we chose and I believe in time you will be able to look back and believe that if you had it all to over again, you would change nothing. I wouldn't. therapy never did a thing for me but I know a few guys that it did help. Hang in there.

Hey mate

Welcome back!

Tom

Default Lessons Learned from Zaganiyah

Persistent Presence

Not in my town claims the mayor as the hamlet burns in anarchy
    Self-denial self-inflicted in meaningless promises turned towards lethargy
    Obscuring transgressions against the village
    Established men descend to pillage
    The circle of control diminishes as grievances expand
    Sparking great controversy across the land
    Armageddon is here; the sky falls down
    Nothing has changed; No evolution of man
    Neither rich nor poor shortchanged from suffering
    Some days I grieve it all for nothing
    I cannot fix what always has been,
    Therefore, I must transcend.
    No longer am I angry.
    I return refocused.

These were my lessons learned through my journey. I realize that it is only one town so it might not be universal, but you can consider it.

When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. When someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it. --Author Unknown