Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
No, post #132 contained the following (which you obviously missed)
I didn't miss it, I responded to the post I quoted. Not to 132. However, since you bought 132 into the conversation:
My question re the photo (in post #124) was because that was a lot like a view from an OP or from the gunship as one started lifting on arrival at the target. Every contour ridge (or bund) is a massive potential problem for infantry on the ground as are the mud walls but are nothing from the air.
The obvious, well stated...

The only possible response to that is "Well, yeah..." The rest of 132 is all equally valid but doesn't address the question you raised in Post 124 to which I responded, to wit, "What exactly is the problem with this terrain? " So, I answered that with an obvious statement.

See, two can do that.

Incidentally, jcustis is Jon, not John.
Think enemy and terrain (or METT-TC if you prefer). If you have air effort and there are TB in that village area then you should be able to get them all.
Umm, perhaps. Except for the ones that pretend to be -- or are -- local farmers or who have hidey holes constructed or who can out run their pursuers. IF you have air...

If you don't that hill mass and others like it pose a bit of a problem.
Not quite, terrain is how you use it.
Er, well yeah. I deeply regret not choosing the precise phraseology you specify.

However, I sort of meant the same thing. "What one make of it" also puts the onus on the user not the terrain.