Thread: Ukraine: military (Aug '14 to mid-June '15) closed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    AP--here is a partial answer to the high rate of losses and wounded on the Russian side--the reports of this particular battle indicated from Russian propaganda side a humiliating loss for the Ukrainians and Russian TV was there live---then this today.

BREAKING Reports coming@ #Ilovaisk fields are littered w bodies of tank &scout unit fr #RUS 9th Vislenskaya SOF ОМСБр
    pic.twitter.com/

More losses to explain the high rates:

BREAKING Today fr #Ilovaisk 800 dead bodies of #Russian army VDV soldiers has been collected. This was suppose to have been a major defeat for the Ukrainians--they had only 100 KIAs and 120 POWs

In this week alone 30 #Russian army soldiers fr #Kostroma got killed in war activities in #Ukraine

AP--see this is why you do not know what is going on inside the combat zones---right now there is a brutal Ukrainian SF guerrilla war--ie ambushing on lone Russian units as they are not massed as they would normally be in a more conventional war with tank on tank but rather spread out across the countryside.

Especially their fuel trucks and supply convoys.

Video: #Russian army vehicles burning bright @ #Mariupol on September 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgvHYuhOCzA

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    AP--see this is why you do not know what is going on inside the combat zones---right now there is a brutal Ukrainian SF guerrilla war--ie ambushing on lone Russian units as they are not massed as they would normally be in a more conventional war with tank on tank but rather spread out across the countryside.

Especially their fuel trucks and supply convoys.

Video: #Russian army vehicles burning bright @ #Mariupol on September 4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgvHYuhOCzA
    That's great. Please elaborate on how that's relevant to terminating the conflict and shaping the political outcome. You know, like you predicted with the downing of the Malaysian airliner...
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    That's great. Please elaborate on how that's relevant to terminating the conflict and shaping the political outcome. You know, like you predicted with the downing of the Malaysian airliner...
    AP--you do realize what happened in Chechnya right when Russian military units flattened complete villages and towns via shelling---you don remember that right?

Battalion "#Azov" informs #Russian army over 5 hours straight shelled #Shyrokyne village. Purely civilian village. Many many houses gone.

This is the third Ukrainian town flattened since the Russian Army opened the southern front and yet you talk about what negotiations?

Right now the only thing that Putin is desperately trying to avoid is the mounting number of killed Russian soldiers becoming known within Russia ---and it is slowly getting out.

And that is what some Ukrainian units are contributing towards---a higher Russian toll in order to drive that message home inside Russia.

And based on the panic actions of the FSB on the social media side the FSB is losing that fight to the blogging community.

Call it the Ukrainian "realpolitik".

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    AP--you do realize what happened in Chechnya right when Russian military units flattened complete villages and towns via shelling---you don remember that right?
    Remind me again when the Chechen Republic achieved independence from Russia...
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    Remind me again when the Chechen Republic achieved independence from Russia...
    Remind me of just how many civilians died at the hands of the Russian Army.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt---doubt seriously you have read the NATO/Russian Founding Agreements--right--you do know that Russia is in violation of those agreement right?

Taking you back to Chechnya and the shelling of towns and villages by Russian troops.

Take note--the videos and photos are now coming in:

#BreakingNews Nonstop Russian army artillery shelling hitting #Mariupol now.

Remember I said

1) he would cross--he did
    2. he needs a land corridor to the Crimea from the Moldavian enclave--that is where the Russian Army is now headed--Odessa next stop.

This idea of "poor mistreated ethnic Russians" has been a smoke screen all along---he needs the entire Black Sea coast line for the wealth of oil and gas there and to effectively cut the Ukraine off from the sea thus making the Ukraine dependent on Russia for their exports and it gives him then his "buffer" that you claim the West does not get all the way to Kaliningrad.

And it gives him his Russian empire--which is where his head is as he is really a neo imperialist at heart---especially a former KGB COL who seems to be able to critique even Lenin for being wrong in 1918.

AP--think wider---you are to focused on the minuet picture.

But then that comes from not traveling much.

Council Member

AP---more Ukrainian "realpolitik" being sent back to Russia.

Four Russian tanks crews destroyed with their tanks in the attack on Mariupol.

4 #Russian tank crews burned in & soldiers (from Russian Army unit 54046) fr в/ч 54046 Нижний Новгород/Дзержинск (9 отдельная мотострелковая бригада) KIA
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 09-04-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    AP--think wider---you are to focused on the minuet picture.
    This is coming from the poster who spams the forum with the movement updates of each Russian tank every five minutes?

This idea of "poor mistreated ethnic Russians" has been a smoke screen all along
    This is already well-known. It also implies that Russian elites are not "irrational" as you claim since they are deliberately using a ploy to deceive their adversaries.

he needs the entire Black Sea coast line for the wealth of oil and gas there and to effectively cut the Ukraine off from the sea thus making the Ukraine dependent on Russia for their exports and it gives him then his "buffer" that you claim the West does not get all the way to Kaliningrad.
    That does not sound like an irrational actor at all. You have identified motive, means, and opportunity. Please explain again how Russia's activity is "irrational". It's also the Russians that claim they need a buffer - so perhaps you should take stock of what others are actually saying rather than projecting your own mentality on them and then critiquing them for acting differently from you. That'd be a great place to start your analysis.

Council Member

[QUOTE=AmericanPride;160874]This is coming from the poster who spams the forum with the movement updates of each Russian tank every five minutes?

AP--and this is what Russia "realpolitik" ----come on AP you were the one that stated "we must understand the Russia side and we must negotiate"---how did that go for you?

And you are still stating negotiate---have you even read anything mentioned here in the last six months?

UKRAINE TODAY @uatodaytv

#Gazprom Production Plummets: Russian state gas giant hit by #ukrainecrisis http://youtu.be/J47pjMFHBbE

Let's see your what your comment on buffer entails---the last time I checked the Russians do not need a buffer for the following reasons that they themselves have stated since 2012--so again you fail to actually "understand them yourself".

1. have your read their 2012 nuclear strategy which entails first strike tactical use of nuclear weapons
    2. the Russian military with Putin watched practiced last month a tactical nuclear strike on Poland and the Baltics---let's see during the Crimea a high level Duma rep threatened to nuke the West
    3. they have violated the INF to give themselves nuclear long distance cruise missile abilities and then when caught at it claimed they might leave the treaty

The list can go on if you would like but then you have already read their nuclear doctrine right.

So if I threaten to use first strike tactical nuclear weapons then just why do I assume I need a buffer---does that make sense to you?

But again you seem to want to "understand" but that requires fully "understanding" exactly word for word they have released since 2012 does it not?

Then just maybe you can understand the concept of "altered state of reality" but then you did not read the Politico article did you?