SMALL WARS COUNCIL
Go Back   Small Wars Council > The Small Wars Community of Interest > Small Wars Council / Journal

Small Wars Council / Journal Suggestions. Praise. New developments. Complaints. Praise. Tips & Tricks. More praise.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011   #1
120mm
Council Member

Default SW Blog? I must be an idiot.

In the process of the blog's existence, I STILL haven't figured out what it's for, or how to use it.

I click on a seemingly interesting subject, and my mouse click takes me to some place else, where I have to register, or pay a fee to respond. If I try to respond to the original subject, there are warnings that say I am supposed to respond on the Small Wars Blog. WTF is that?

Is this normal? Is there some blogosphere where one can respond to an article that is NOT inhabited soley by mouth breathers?
Old 07-29-2011   #2
Bill Moore
Council Member

120mm,

If you are referring to the SWJ Blog I don't have the problems you listed except I do experience occassional bouts of mouth breathing.

On SWJ blog, simply page down to the bottom below the blog post you want to comment on, write in your name, e-mail, comment, and then ensure you type in SMALL (spam protector) and hit the post button. If you want to post as anonymous (wimpy, but I do it on rare occassion to save time), simply type in your response and type in SMALL where indicated and hit post.

You may be hitting the "sign in" button, but that is only for folks who have type key accounts (whatever that is). Don't hit this button and shouldn't have any problems. If I missed your point altogether, my apologies.
Old 07-30-2011   #3
120mm
Council Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
120mm,

If you are referring to the SWJ Blog I don't have the problems you listed except I do experience occassional bouts of mouth breathing.

On SWJ blog, simply page down to the bottom below the blog post you want to comment on, write in your name, e-mail, comment, and then ensure you type in SMALL (spam protector) and hit the post button. If you want to post as anonymous (wimpy, but I do it on rare occassion to save time), simply type in your response and type in SMALL where indicated and hit post.

You may be hitting the "sign in" button, but that is only for folks who have type key accounts (whatever that is). Don't hit this button and shouldn't have any problems. If I missed your point altogether, my apologies.
I think I've made it to the Blog before, then. (I remember typing "SMALL") But now, when I click on the SWJ Blog to comment, it takes me to the actualy article, say, to the Daily Mail or the Picayune Bird Cage Lining, and then I have to compete with every Tom, Dick or Harriet that comments.

Don't know what I am doing wrong, now, that I wasn't doing wrong then.
Old 07-30-2011   #4
120mm
Council Member

Figured out what I was doing wrong.

It makes a huge difference what you click on, especially from Facebook.

Am on it, now.
Closed Thread