I agree we don't know what the consequences of this technology will be, but I suspect we won't keep it the box and it will proliferate rather rapidly to multiple states and non-state actors once again giving more credibility to the super empowered actor. How will the Secret Service and their eqivalents protect their charges against this threat? If non-state actors acquire them and use them to support counter-coalition operation does that mean they'll achieve some version of air power dominance in a small geographical region for a short period of time? Can they swarm three our more into a base camp for example? Can they fly them into our helo's or planes landing or taking off if their positioned properly to make up for the lack the speed? We can all come up with nightmare scenarios for the misuse of any technology, but this one bothers me more than most.

I suspect part of it is our continued reliance on superior technology to dominate in battle instead of focusing on human performance (mental, physical and spirital). Once upon a time it required hard work to transform your body and mind to become a professional warrior/soldier, but now that is becoming less and less relevant. It seems we're entering a new phase where they'll have to make a new movie (of course in High Def and 3D) building upon the previous "The last of the Samurai" movie.

Instead of the biblical "the meek shall inherent the earth" it will become the "the geeks shall dominate humanity". It honestly scares me to have people at the controls of killing devices who have never done anything harder than get up to get another bag of potato chips. They'll lack an appreciation for the horrors of war and be inclined to make life and death decisions without adequate consideration based on the morality of the decision. Killing must easy when you only have to watch a man die on the screen and not have to watch his family surround him as he is dying, crying in anguish and staring through you with a hatred that is so tangible it knocks you back. War becomes something less human with all this technology and puts all at risk in multiple ways.