Thread: "Adopt a Marine"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    You're tracking in the right direction. I don't follow what is going on with it now, but i thought there was some mentoring initiative pushed in the Marine Corps as recent as a couple years ago.

I also don't know if it got off the ground, but there may be a framework around somewhere that needs to be dusted off.
    We got a bit of the Marine Corps Mentoring Program pushed to us early in TBS (this year) (Lt. Col Shusko of the MACE was selling it wholeheartedly), and I have the guidebook from Nov 05 sitting in my stack of pubs. However, it is aimed more at personal traits and characteristics (leadership, honor courage commitment; personal finances) than warfighting topics.

It doesn't seem to be taken seriously, though, since I haven't heard squat about it since the second week of TBS, and the priors treated it as a bit of a joke, so I figure it hasn't really taken hold in the fleet.

Still, it is a framework, and one that is still pushed to junior officers in some limited manner.
    Last edited by mmx1; 04-05-2007 at 06:41 PM.