I am a Life Member of the National Rifle Association (NRA); and have been so since the 1970s. I was a pro bono trial attorney (pro bono within reason, of course, and depending on the significance of the 2nd Amendment issue) for the Second Amendment Federation (SAF), as part of its Attorney Referral Service (see here), until I had to leave trial work.

My views on the 2nd Amendment are carved in stone. I, like you 120mm and many here, am sworn to support the Constitution (in fact, thrice oathed and still serving as an officer of three jurisdictions, SCOTUS, NY and MI). That oath carries the 2nd Amendment along with it.

But, that oath also carries along with it another amendment, the 1st. So, I am not bothered by those who make arguments contrary to my interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. They are not going to change my beliefs anyway; and, when their arguments are "dumb", they can be easily refuted. When those whom I consider 2nd Amendment opponents move from argument and spin into legislative and judicial action, then we (those who think as I) fight them in those arenas without compromise.

My purpose in starting this thread was not to initiate a 2nd Amendment discussion - although I am not surprised that one has developed. My purpose was to expose the factual fallacy in the argument I paraphrased in the OP.

Nuff said by me on this, since I could go on about these issues for a long time.