Thread: Purpose of the MBT?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    He completely downplays the difference between WWI and WWII tanks, apparently deliberately ignoring the differences in order to fit history to an idea.
    Ya Allah! I do not down play the difference between WW1 and 2 tanks. There was nothing like the Panther in WW1! - Not the point!

The Major ROLES IN WHICH THE TANK HAD BEEN PROVEN EFFECTIVE, had NOT CHANGED! Did the role or basic employment of artillery magically altered between WW1 and 2? Did Infantry? That's my point. We need to get beyond the TAMIYA history of tanks!
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    TAMIYA history of tanks!
    Sir, I respect everything you have said thus far but LEAVE Tamya out of it! Perhaps some of the fondest memories I have of childhood revolve around Tamiya kits...one more slur against them and I shall demand satisfaction sir!

OTOH you can slate Revel and Airfix all you want

p.s Can we/I assume (safely or not) that your thess, once completed, will be post on the SWJ (or another reputable journal, of which, f course, there are many) where we can all get our teeth into it?
    Last edited by Tukhachevskii; 10-18-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Please. They all date back to Da Vinci. All WW 1 did was copy his brilliance.
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War