Thread: Fighting Ideas with Ideas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hanley View Post
    The roots of Islam to be relentlessly attacked intellectually are:
    - Koran was not the word of god, but of man. Mohammed committed many crimes and was not perfect. Men decided what was and was not from Allah. Therefore men decided what was and was not in Koran. Parts of Koran have already been edited. Therefore Koran can be renovated for the modern era.
    - Islam allows slavery. Islam has committed greater crimes of enslavement by an order of magnitude than the USA did.
    - Islam is an obligate religious dictatorship. It is written without possibility for misinterpretation. This is wrong and it must be directly attacked as wrong.
    Brian,
    I used to think this of Islam, but I don't anymore. Most of the things you said can be equally applied when debating with, for example, an atheist about the Bible. (written by men, not the word of God, condones slavery, theocracy, etc.) I know I often take offense when people say stuff like this about my beliefs, so......

And, IMO, you can't equate Communism with Islam. One is a form of government, the other is the religion of many people.
    Last edited by skiguy; 11-06-2007 at 02:34 AM.