View Poll Results: Do you agree that the insurgency has ended, although the war continues?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is no longer an insurgency.

7 23.33%
  • No, it is still an insurgency.

23 76.67%

Thread: Good news -- the insurgency is over! Now we need a new strategy for the Iraq War.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius Maximus View Post
    One of the many ways in which war is a unique field of study is that (contra to Senator Moynihan) everyone can have not only their own opinion, but also their own facts. Amidst the fog, who knows? (Except for the folks at the front, who do not have this luxury).
    Not sure your source for this, but I ask you again (as I have in previous threads) What are your qualifications and experience for making such a statement? Further, what exacty do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius Maximus View Post
    Most of the effective forces wearing Iraq uniforms are regional/ethnic militia OR de facto private armies. The Kurdish Peshmerga is the best-known example.
    The Pesh have their own uniform, seperate from the Iraqi forces, with a green, white and red flag with a starburst in the middle. It looks nothing like an Iraqi uniform.

Additionally, I re-ask a question that I last asked on 30DEC2006 that you wouldn't answer: "what are your credentials and research methods to be able to intelligently write 20 articles over 40 months on Iraq?" I'm dying to hear the answer to that one. Further, if you're convinced you're right, why the psedonym?
    Last edited by RTK; 03-17-2007 at 04:47 AM.