-- those aren't 'hows,' they're really 'whats.' My question was HOW you get the US government and specifically, the Congress, to do those what thingys you have often suggested...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
Better we strive hard to change ourselves, than to demand that everyone else change to suit our out of date expectations.
Well said and I agree but that's pie in the sky...
1. Declare and end to the war on terrorism.
That's been done. In theory anyway.
...Running around the world declaring that we are a nation at war makes us sound like Chicken Little.
I totally agree, a lot of folks in Congress and the country will or do also agree -- unfortunately, there are probably more that do or will not for various reasons including turf protection -- what do you propose to do about them? I'm sure you recall that hope is not a plan...

I agree with your other numbered items but am unsure how you propose to get there and frankly, quite strongly doubt that it is possible.

Oh, and as to this:
That could be a direct lift from the transcripts of British Parliment back in 1775...I suspect that is where you either first heard or used the line!
Actually I first heard it on the border of Nubia even longer ago. It was true then, true in Gaul in 300 BC, true in 1775 AD and is still true today. Passing it off does not make it one bit less true; ignoring that reality by a strategic thinker is umm, surprising...

And you still have not proffered one single idea for HOW you plan to make that change occur...

Backwards Observer. Simply stop looking at your fourth point of contact, look ahead and you too can and will become cynical. It's absoutely painless -- and it keeps you alive.

You can say I'm old because I "unnerstan" that I am. Generally when I look about today, I'm pretty thankful that I am..