Stan and Sam, thanks for your replies and advice. I sincerely appreciate it. I would like to think I am a mature individual with thick skin, capable of perservering to see a mission through to its end. It's just that comments I've read about DIA analysts leaving in droves and applying for jobs with the local county police have gotten me a little worried about morale there. I would rather not jump into a dysfunctional working environment that has a high probability of being subject to a drastic overhaul in the short order, if that is truly the case. I also have an offer with the CIA and am wondering about the relative pros and cons of the DIA versus CIA for a prospective analyst without military experience and not battle-hardened, so to speak, for work in "the field."

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reber View Post
Morning SDML !
In my opinion and 6 back-to-back tours with DIA in various capacities, I would say join. I am one of those who had raised issues about DIA personnel morale. Those issues however had more to do with relations between the Department of the Army and DIA, leaving Army personnel in limbo.

Greetings Sam !
Very clear-cut and well put. I had few dealings with the D.C. end so most of the negative conditions surrounding us were not distracting, rather merely frustrating. DIA field work has its professional rewards and once in the field, social and cultural conditions establish "environments", positive and negative.

Regards, Stan