Thread: BG SLA Marshall Combat Leader Interview Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

In my research I even found substantial evidence that SLA Marshall rejected his own findings.
    I routinely lose arguments with the man in the mirror as I shave but we always make up

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    I routinely lose arguments with the man in the mirror as I shave but we always make up

Tom
    My problem is that sucker in the mirror keeps cutting me. I'm taking a switch blade to our next altercation.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Council Member

Default Roger and Chris are

outstanding historians (as is their sometimes elusive colleague Dr [LTC ret.] Loren Kije). Their former colleague - recently retired - Dr. Larry Yates has just published (CMH) a superb history of the Panama crisis. Entitled THE U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTION IN PANAMA: ORIGINS, PLANNING, AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT JUNE 1987 - DECEMBER 1989 it is the first of two volumes. Truth in advertising: I was one of Larry's sources and reviewed the manuscript for publication. I got the final product just recently and started scanning the parts I knew but then I was hooked. It is both definitive and eminently readable!!!!!!

Cheers

JohnT

Quote Originally Posted by John T. Fishel View Post
    outstanding historians (as is their sometimes elusive colleague Dr [LTC ret.] Loren Kije). Their former colleague - recently retired - Dr. Larry Yates has just published (CMH) a superb history of the Panama crisis. Entitled THE U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTION IN PANAMA: ORIGINS, PLANNING, AND CRISIS MANAGEMENT JUNE 1987 - DECEMBER 1989 it is the first of two volumes. Truth in advertising: I was one of Larry's sources and reviewed the manuscript for publication. I got the final product just recently and started scanning the parts I knew but then I was hooked. It is both definitive and eminently readable!!!!!!

Cheers

JohnT
    I like Spike's stuff, too, as well as Spike the historian. I once carried him up the stairs from the basement when his asthma was kicking him. We had a pizza and a movie club with SJ Lewis, Tom Huber, Spike, and me for 3 years every Sunday. He was on my LP comittee and encouraged me to write my memoirs after Rwanda. His LP on DomRep is unmatched. I am sure his Panama work is equally good.

Tom

Council Member

I don't know a lot about SLAM, but I do remember from Band of Brothers that Richard Winters was not impressed with SLAM's book Night Drop.
    "Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper

Council Member

Default Tom

The Panama stuff is even better! POWERPACK (DR) is a classic that LATAM historians refer to but Larry (aka Spike) was in Panama before Just Cause went down and on the night it began and after. One of the interviews he did with me was over pizza (he bought) in the new Panama police HQ - I had the duty that night.

Cheers

JohnT

How does this group feel about Les Grau for an Army in-house historian/theorist?
    Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by sapperfitz82 View Post
    This truly is the bike helmet generation.

Quote Originally Posted by reed11b View Post
    How does this group feel about Les Grau for an Army in-house historian/theorist?
    Reed
    Les is top notch on the Afghan Wars and Chechnya.