View Poll Results: Do you agree that the insurgency has ended, although the war continues?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is no longer an insurgency.

7 23.33%
  • No, it is still an insurgency.

23 76.67%

Thread: Good news -- the insurgency is over! Now we need a new strategy for the Iraq War.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default What is the objection?

Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper View Post
    I find it very irritating for someone to selectively quote and respond, which place the entire thing out of context by construct. The Emperor should be able to respond to a post and cite his arguments appropriately.
    I do not understand the nature of your objection. If you could restate it, I'll respond. I do not spend much time here, or on any similar sites, so please tell me if I am violating some protocol.

I “selectively quote” so that you will know what I am answering, like repeating the question in a meeting. It’s just a pointer, not intended to summarize the previous comment – which is, after all, a scroll down on the screen.

There were 6 questions. On three I conceded the point. One question of procedure (info sources), which I answered. Two questions on small points, which I answered. If you find any of the answers inadequate, please tell me which one(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius Maximus View Post
    I do not understand the nature of your objection. If you could restate it, I'll respond. I do not spend much time here, or on any similar sites, so please tell me if I am violating some protocol.

I “selectively quote” so that you will know what I am answering, like repeating the question in a meeting. It’s just a pointer, not intended to summarize the previous comment – which is, after all, a scroll down on the screen.

There were 6 questions. On three I conceded the point. One question of procedure (info sources), which I answered. Two questions on small points, which I answered. If you find any of the answers inadequate, please tell me which one(s).
    It is your style of overusing the quote function. Dissecting a paragraph or several paragraphs is not necessary since you know how to write an articulate article than you can surely write an articulate rebuttal. We are not dummies and don't need to be quoted out of context with overkill, which starts a fight. I don't agree entirely with our SWC forefathers' assessment concerning your motivation. I think you work very hard on sharing your opinion in a very professional manner by writing up a study and posting an external link for those that wish to read it then resort to high school text messaging in response to criticism. It has been a long time since we had this discussion and I don't want to have it any longer. I read your papers. Every single one of them. I had quit responding until today. Looks like I fell off the wagon. That's my fault and not your's. So, please carry on. It is not my intention to make you feel unwelcome. But would you kindly respond to posts in the same manner you write your studies. It will make a more productive, informational, and entertaining thread. For example, when did you become interested in the civil war violence of Iraq? Was it before or after Saddam took power? Surely, you can answer those two questions in the form of a paragraph with plain text and in your own words without fooling around with the icon tools.