Thread: US Government COIN Initiative

Default US Government COIN Initiative

Just ran across this Department of State sponsored web page - US Government Counterinsurgency Intiative.

Not a lot there yet, but does contain some doctrine / documents and links as well as four addresses from a conference they sponsored in September.

Default Hmmmm...

Interesting find Dave. Looks like lipstick on a baboon's...well, we all get the picture. That's a layer of the onion I never thought State would peel back.

Default I thought the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Interesting find Dave. Looks like lipstick on a baboon's...well, we all get the picture. That's a layer of the onion I never thought State would peel back.
    A check-in-the-box initiative or the real thing? State does not have the resources to do what they need to do... Maybe a call for help?

Default All rolled into one

I think it's botha check in the box and a cry for help. Probably an inter-departmental/agency effort...I forecast it will die a silent death in about 8 months and the link will no longer work.

Council Member

I don't think that is going to die out anytime soon. I have already been tagged to work at it in DC for six months in between some assignments. this thing has some powerful backers out of various agencies.

Default Good News...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I don't think that is going to die out anytime soon. I have already been tagged to work at it in DC for six months in between some assignments. this thing has some powerful backers out of various agencies.
    I hope... Let us know how we may be of assistance - both unofficial and official (day jobs).