Thread: How To Fix The Economy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
    Our country functions on a rule of law, it is safe from internal and external threats, we've got a high standard of living - even our underclass - and we're free.
    I just don't see how you can say that.....have you read what has been happening along the border with Mexico.

Default I have. Also read

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    I just don't see how you can say that.....have you read what has been happening along the border with Mexico.
    this:
    Since the mid-19th century, the United States has frequently employed the US Army on its southern border to perform various roles in support of the Nation—from outright war, to patrolling the border, to chasing bandits while securing persons and property on both sides of the border, and most recently to supporting civil law enforcement and antidrug efforts.
    LINK

Two very different nations that share a border that's been bloody for its entire existence. Yes, things are different today -- but not really all that much.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Yes. And even judging by the worst-case scenario, most pessimistic reports, this country is pretty darn safe. And, even if it weren't, what on Earth does that have to do with the money supply? Even if I were to concede your point, it would still bolster my argument - that we've used the luxury of prosperity, safety, security, and stability to generate more leisure time with which to ponder bad ideas, implement them, and raise an entire generation of morons who have no concept of personal responsibility or foresight. Any real or imagined security threat on the Mexican border that has been discussed of late is the result of the drug trade (Americans who demand narcotics because they don't give a damn about our laws), willfully lax immigration enforcement (from elected officials pursuing a political strategies to shore up hispanic voters), and multicultural BS (Americans with too much education, free time, and bad ideas).

I'm not knocking your concept of revising monetary policy. I think you're going too far in selling it. It is not the cure for most, many, or even a significant number of our ills. The best monetary and economic policies matched with the wisest financial regulations and system of incentives will still be useless if the population whom those policies, regulations, and incentives are directed towards are a fundamentally depraved people. So long as people care about me and mine more than right and wrong, we're a mile down #### creek, with a giant hole in the middle of the canoe, and no paddle or paper. Immoral people cannot be governed. They must be coerced and imprisoned or rehabilitated and socialized. Given the rate at which we're throwing people in jail, I fear that the former will be our medicine of choice. On the other hand, maybe this economic "crisis" will be a good thing because it will influence more people to choose the latter.

That is why I continue to see this as a moment of opportunity - not for monetary or regulatory reform so much as for moral reform that will hopefully occur within each person's thick skull, as they slowly realize that they've been behaving in a manner that is not only socially destructive, but self-destructive.

Council Member

Default Very good historical link, Ken ....

although its 100+ pages of US-Mexican military encounters are a bit of a slog. I didn't slog through it today - been there, done that - and I think I cited it elsewhere (re: treaty law, perhaps).

Schmedlap, it's is not my idea, it has been around for some time, starting with the Constitution, it is just that people are starting to question the whole idea of who we are paying our money to and why do we have to do it. I have attached a link to a detailed explanation on monetary reform and the effects it can have on the economy. I agree with you that no monetary policy will correct or fix bad people, but while we are figuring out what to do with them I see no need for me to pay private bankers personal profits with my tax dollars, which in effect means I get to pay the bill twice, once to the government and then a certain cut (interest) to the Talli-Banksters.

http://www.themoneymasters.com/printable-mra.htm

I also disagree on mission accomplishment of the 6 core missions. As long as the US exists they are likely to be enduring missions, not ones that have a stopping point only continuous progress toward the goal of a safer, better and more prosperous country for now and in the future.

Latest interview with James Galbraith at Truthout magazine on the state of the economy....how it was a planned criminal event and what should be done.

http://www.truthout.org/050609J

Default "Temble,Banks,Tremble"...Latest from Galbraith

Latest from James Galbraith on how to fix the Economy....1st put the Tal-Banksters in jail (Justice) and then restore by using modified Keynesian economics. Some really good stuff in here about how the economy has NOT been fixed and what we need to do about it. Galbraith is one of the few Economist with an almost perfect record of economic analysis and what is going to happen.

http://www.tnr.com/article/economy/7...emble?page=0,0

This article covers one aspect very well.

How Inequality Fueled the Crisis
    Raghuram Rajan

http://www.project-syndicate.org/com...rajan7/English