Thread: Ukraine (closed; covers till August 2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    If you read it, copy it, and paste it. I have not the slightest idea of what a rolling principle means and how that prevents you from a copy and paste function as you are reading, before it purportedly disappears forever.

Let us not quote something that no longer exists and use it as support for an argument herein.

One more time and you can converse with yourself on this thread.
    Stan---let me see if I get your comment/threat straight--when I cut and past as you suggested the actual date/time stamp of an actual released press release on Interfax and the date of the release and provide you the link where all releases are time stamped---this is not good enough for what--slow readers or non readers or what?

Rolling principle means all press releases are time stamped in a rolling fashion based on time stamp on a 24 hour basis and then cached under the date in the calendar that is on their web site where one can go back and conduct research.

Side note many releases are just summations or short headlines and are just directly linked to the time stamp.

Interfax carries three types of color coded releases---black for standard, red to highlight something of interest for the Russian government agency side and blue which is tied to an actual released article.

NOTE: Russia knows the press releases are being read and followed by the West and it is a form of informal communication between East/West and often reinforces private conversations and public actions.

TASS and NIA Nosvosti also news agencies for Russia do not use the color coded system as Interfax is considered to speak for the government---they do no have the rolling 24 hour cached concept.

You are right--- do not need to be on this site as much goes in circles as others on the blog side have much more to say especially in the areas of political warfare/UW which is really the current strategy for the Ukraine that Putin is employing and that is not being discussed in this thread and those writers have not crossed over for whatever reason.

A good example of this political warfare/UW strategy is this article which we have had a taste of here ourselves and I seemed to be the only one to call a spade a spade to the face of the writer or writers. This particular writer/writers was/were worth a separate blog topic.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...n-ukraine.html

By the way Daily Beast has three good reporters currently on the ground in the Ukraine.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-24-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Outlaw,
    It may have more to do with an individual's inept use of basic computer functions.

As a common courtesy to other members herein, one quotes using a wrap and provides a link.

If you subscribe and pay, you can read interfax all foxtroting day long.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    ---this is not good enough for what--slow readers or non readers or what?
    If you want to blend in, take the bus