Thread: Magical Realism and Information Operations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ghosts in Marc's lesson plan - Go figure

Marc, I do have a better solution, but nowadays you would be placed into a mental institution for doing so. In 74 our Nike Hurcules electronics instructor was so fed up that he wire our metal top desks to a very large and fully charged capacitor. You rarely went to disneyland, went to sleep or for that matter saw ghosts under Rob's bed

Honestly, I had to pay for my follow-on education and took it seriously. I have no clue what young folks today consider significant. Even here, it's hard to find someone that can even write using a pencil and pad. The internet managed to teach these folks how to type, and spell checkers preclude the need for an expensive dictionary.

Slapout,
    Latvia and Lithuania are indeed part of the three Baltics. That's were it begins and ends. All three have very unique customs and languages. Latvia and Lithuania have fewer problems with Russians than that of Estonia. But Estonia's economy and crime problems are far fewer and the US agencies were so confident, they let George come here in November.

I have no idea if there are vampires in Latvia, but the women like in Estonia are dead knockouts. We use 9.5 as the benchmark and that includes ladies over 40.

Regards, Stan

Default My Bike

Slapout, thanks !
    She's a 1990 FXR Superglide with a net worth of 37K. Only the frame is original. The engine is a highly modified 116cid with 168 rear wheel hp and a very expensive 6-speed transmission. My best AHDRA time in Street Pro is 10.22000 at a little over 130 mph 400 yards later. Bungee jumping from a perfectly good bridge - you must be kidding. We say...No straps, no chains, no harnesses, just balls !

Ride Safe Race Fast !
    Regards, Stan

Nope I just checked- only duffle bags, hand grenades and dust bunnies. I thought Marc had said Djinn weren't ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    Nope I just checked- only duffle bags, hand grenades and dust bunnies. I thought Marc had said Djinn weren't ghosts
    Technically, nope, they aren't. If you want Western equivalents, the closest are the Sidhe and the BanSidhe from Celtic mythography - definately NOT a crowd you want to get mized up with (although, the parties can be pretty good if you don't mind being really late in getting home! ).

BTW, I've heard you can tell if there are ghosts in your grenades by looking to see if there are two red eyes staring out at you .

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

I believe I'm going to call it a day. Between arguing with the higher HQs for the obvious and deciding the DIV MiTT is so divorced fro reality they are on a different planet, I've pegged my fun meter for the day. What I could really use is a logistcs Djinn that could get me about 20 new HMMWVs for the IA. These boys are really taking the fight to the enemy, so much so that the AIF is expending significant resources against them. The trucks hold up pretty good, but the CL IX flow is sad. Well tomorrow is a new day.
    Regards, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    I believe I'm going to call it a day. Between arguing with the higher HQs for the obvious and deciding the DIV MiTT is so divorced fro reality they are on a different planet, I've pegged my fun meter for the day. What I could really use is a logistcs Djinn that could get me about 20 new HMMWVs for the IA. These boys are really taking the fight to the enemy, so much so that the AIF is expending significant resources against them. The trucks hold up pretty good, but the CL IX flow is sad. Well tomorrow is a new day.
    Regards, Rob
    Have a good one, Rob. Personally, I'd go for an electronics djinn - they seem to love that stuff. Set it to infiltrate the AIF commo network and feed them bad co-ords. Hmmm, maybe a Ban Sidhe.... <lololol>

Marc
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Senior Research Fellow,
    Carleton University

Default According to Muslim demonology Jinnis inhabit the earth

Marc,
    Are these the very same in Rob's grenades with red eyes under his bed ?
    I would rather have ghosts

My final comment, if these jinnis are ever to inhabit the DRC, they will all get robbed by former Zärois

Have a pleasant evening !

Regards, Stan

Default Don't get me started on students.... (<GRIN>

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Reber View Post
    Marc, I do have a better solution, but nowadays you would be placed into a mental institution for doing so. In 74 our Nike Hurcules electronics instructor was so fed up that he wire our metal top desks to a very large and fully charged capacitor. You rarely went to disneyland, went to sleep or for that matter saw ghosts under Rob's bed
    Love it! Actually, I've been lucky in the past few years - most of my Intro students could at least read (some could even write ), and all of my 3rd year theory students have been great.

Honestly, I had to pay for my follow-on education and took it seriously. I have no clue what young folks today consider significant. Even here, it's hard to find someone that can even write using a pencil and pad. The internet managed to teach these folks how to type, and spell checkers preclude the need for an expensive dictionary.
    <wry grin>About 15 years ago, I was looking around to find a class in remedial penmanship since I couldn't read my own handwriting . What did I find? 20 classes in calligraphy, but nothing in basic penmanship. Discouraging!

On spell checkers, I would agree, but a number of my students don't know how to change the dictionary! Honestly, I've been thinking about making the Oxford English Dictionary, 1918 edition, the sole textbook in my classes for a while now.

I have no idea if there are vampires in Latvia, but the women like in Estonia are dead knockouts. We use 9.5 as the benchmark and that includes ladies over 40.
    I think most of the vampires decided to head to New York in the '30's . Definately agree with you on the ladies, however!!!

Marc
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Senior Research Fellow,
    Carleton University