SMALL WARS COUNCIL
Go Back   Small Wars Council > Conflicts -- Current & Future > Operation Iraqi Freedom > The Information War

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007   #1
selil
i pwnd ur ooda loop

Default Thoughts on the Social Graph

Interesting look at social graph theory and the associated "social networks" theory. Good entry level explanations. The slides (.pdf) have a pretty good explanation of nodes and edges.

Brads Thoughts on the Social Graph

Quote:

I've been thinking a lot about the social graph for awhile now: aggregating the graph, decentralization, social network portability, etc.

If you've seen me at any conference recently, I probably talked your ear off about it. I've gotten good at my verbal/visual presentations, showing my slides, pictures of graphs, and adapting my delivery to you based on your background, facial expressions, questions, etc. This is all a lot harder to do in a blog post where the audience is so diverse, so I've been lazily putting it off. I was also afraid that if I left anything out, I'd get flooded with comments like But what about __________? Clearly then all you say is wrong. But it's time I braindump this, so here goes....

....more at the link....
The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.
Closed Thread