Thread: Contractors Doing Combat Service Support is a Bad, Bad Idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ken,
    Great points; also consider a lot of jobs on military posts (mess hall, range control, MPs, maintenance, etc) used to be manned by the military. Come to any post now and you will see that it's all pretty much been contracted. Mainly because we don't have enough Soldiers to do it. In a 2 million man army, we would see military members guarding the gate, running range control and serving chow. This obviously carries over to theater.
    There was also a lot of mediocre performance. Even stupidity -- like the 1LT who futilely and rather foolishly told me and about 15 armed, dirty and smelly troops who needed shaves and haircuts we couldn't eat in his Chu Lai Mess Hall...
    I've heard that now at LSA Anaconda you MUST have your reflective PT belt to get into the chow hall! You can't eat without it!
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 06-17-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Default Ab-so-lootly amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by jkm_101_fso View Post
    ...I've heard that now at LSA Anaconda you MUST have your reflective PT belt to get into the chow hall! You can't eat without it!
    I'm sure there's some logic in that somewhere but I'm certainly having a hard time figuring out what it might be.