Thread: The Terrorist Tool Kit

Default The Terrorist Tool Kit

From US News and World Report's Danger Zone - The Terrorist Tool Kit by David Kaplan.

What does a jihadist take with him to Iraq? That question was recently posted on alrifdaws.org, one of the myriad radical websites spreading Islamist ideas worldwide. Another user, "Terrorist 11," offered a lengthy response to the budding guerrilla. Key to a successful mission, he is told, are a pocket Koran, night vision goggles, shackles for use in abductions, a GPS system, and a video camera for casing targets.

This intriguing news comes courtesy of the Jamestown Foundation's weekly Terrorism Focus, one of the Bad Guys blog's favorite sources of analysis on radical Islam. In the latest issue, the foundation's Erich Marquardt describes in depth what comprises the terrorist tool kit for Iraq. Terrorist 11 answered by posting a detailed Arabic document from Sheikh Yusuf al-Uyayri, a top al Qaeda strategist killed by Saudi authorities in 2003...

Using Blogs against the terrorist or more specifically as a means of gathering intelligence for analysis? Seems I've seen a thread about that somewhere.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.