Thread: Russia and the US

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    So, you arrogate to yourself full knowledge that there is no one "coming through that way that was a serious hazard" as a justification for not reporting illegal activity that could pose a potentially significant threat to US security. Of course, you also buttress that with a complaint about embassy bureaucratic arbitrariness that, as true as it may be, is also beside the point.
    Beside the point? It's a reason why people go around to get to this land of the free by hook or by crook. With what, 15 million illegals in the USA right now, a few people slipping through from the FSU is going to rile me? No.

You are welcome to go and make such a case to State. Be my guest. After you've knocked yourself out, have a beer on me.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hanley View Post
    Beside the point? It's a reason why people go around to get to this land of the free by hook or by crook. With what, 15 million illegals in the USA right now, a few people slipping through from the FSU is going to rile me? No.
    "The point" is not the broader case of illegal immigration. It is your claim to have direct knowledge of illegal activity occurring overseas that has a potential impact on national security, then dismissing any responsibility for reporting it either while in-country or upon return to the US.

On the contrary, the manner in which you structure your statements on this matter at best minimizes the importance of the issue, at worst, they imply that you support such activity in contravention of "embassy arbitrariness".

If your statements are true, then you have a serious integrity issue.

If your statements are false, then you simply have the less-serious integrity issue of being a liar.

Finally, I caution you to consider the background of the membership on this board when before you respond to, or create threads.

In any case, this thread is now closed.