Thread: update on Manning's torture

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    So what you're advocating is that whenever an incarcerated person in any country complains about conditions, there is an international investigation? Or does this rule just apply to the United States? Is the only standard to instigate such an investigation that an incarcerated person complains?
    Steve, you still don't get it.

Bradley Manning is not just any incarcerated person in any country. This I'm sure you know.

I also believe that you realise that with even a smidgen of intelligent finesse the current US Administration could have dealt with this matter more rapidly and more effectively.

The handling was worse than an own goal, worse than shooting oneself in the foot, more like shooting oneself in the head.

On Wikileaks in general, I am appalled that Assange is perfectly willing to assist despots in pursuit of his two primary goals: feeding his own narcissism and attempting to harm the United States.
    Narcissism there may well be but as far as harm is concerned the Wikileaks history of leaks indicates that the US has not been singled out for harm (it that's what you call it).

Yes the US has been embarrassed by Wikileaks, yes the US has been humiliated by the Wikileaks and this may take some time to heal. But given a little time I predict that Americans will be thankful that Wikileaks exposed the State Department for the incompetent waste of money that it is.
    Last edited by JMA; 04-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.