SMALL WARS COUNCIL
Go Back   Small Wars Council > Small Wars Participants & Stakeholders > Law Enforcement

Law Enforcement The application of law, order, and justice -- here, there, and everywhere / international.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2017   #21
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Reference the white supremacist in the killing of two in Portland.....

A journalist who interviewed #PortlandStabbing suspect Jeremy Christian isn't buying the "lone wolf" theory.
http://www.wweek.com/news/2017/05/27...-last-month/#…
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017   #22
Bill Moore
Council Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
Quote edited for brevity:

Either by accident or planned Bill has placed his finger on something I just keep posting and posting and posting.....

America has the ability "to drift into fascism with a smile" what you saw with this single event was the tip of the iceberg and it has been drifting just under the surface since Oklahoma City...

While we as a nation get literally all worked up about jihadists we have failed to see that we have among us "white jihadists" who are supported by an ideology most of us would think crazy. From black copters to federal surveillance of everything we do to hating of IRS....and the list goes on....

Why do we after every single US jihadist attack think we have a network behind it AND then somehow sweep the McVeigh Oklahoma City attack under the rug as the work of two lone wolves.....

A 4000 lb chemical bomb using fertilizer and diesel fuel has to be mixed by hand so these two guys just mixed and mixed and mixed and yet no one saw it happen....

So as in the Sunni jihadi world no one made the bomb and then simply delivered it....?

We as a nation never really fully demanded a complete and thorough investigation into the attack...why....no one wanted to place any belief into a possible right wing side being potentially involved even though concrete leads were apparent....we were "sold" the story..we have captured all participants...BUT we demanded a Congressional investigation in 9/11 and Benghazi but never did for OC......

There was also an underlining thought why it did not go further...."Americans could not possible kill other Americans"....BUT in the world of terrorism the ultra right attacks objects that stand in the place of the "government" and OC was just such a target....

Secondly, these armed militia elements literally took off with the election of Obama....check the yearly FBI stats...and it ties into the last eight years of "Obama is going to take your guns away from you mantra"....BTW did we not see than same mantra used by Trump at virtually all of his rallies and did he not once "allude" to using the 2nd Amendment to resolve the Clinton problem????

Actually this movement has been with us since 1970...it developed out of the "blacks are going to revolt and we need to defend ourselves" which grew out of the "blacks are getting more benefits from the government than do whites" which came out the Johnson anti poverty campaign...and civil rights era....

THEN we can jump forward to the Trump campaign that unleased a massive barrage of ethnic profiling and allowed the US ultra right fringe groups to gain "creditability" ie white nationalists and white surpremacists....who did in fact support Trump and believe that support allows them the right to do what they want...against anyone non white...

See Portland this week with the killing of two men who intervened in a white surpremacist verbal attacks on two Muslim females...and whose twitter account beams with praise for the KKK, US Nazi Party and Trump....

What is not being mentioned is .....check the racial and ethnic make up of the group involved all white....and I am betting all Trump voters....

Notice many outside of this area and not into cattle and farming do not realize the vast amounts of land the federal government has under its control...BUT WAIT gazing on this federal lands is actually far cheaper than having to purchase grazing land in those areas and the federal yearly grazing costs are cheap....and there was an outrage when they were raised last year which was a normal process...it has always for this ranching and farming group just been considered a cost of production and a cheap cost at that.

We can debate who actually owns all of this land and some Native Americans might like to reclaim it....as it was taken from them to begin with under various US government so called peace treaties...but that is another story.

Protecting an endangered species is not a subject this group ever wants to hear....but when asked if they realize the extent the government goes through to protect them on federal property they might be surprised....

If they would see a US Army Abrams on the full top speed barrelling across the NTC come to total stop because a desert turtle was just spotted and then having to wait for a turtle recovery team to arrive...they might have another opinion....

OR the time the NTC spent 2M USDs on a study to determine if they could move several turtle groups to a new area and discovered that it is not that easy after all 24 turtles decided to meander back to their original areas after being moved ever so gently 24 miles to a new location...and they all had GPS.

OR when Ft. Bragg shuts down firing ranges because a of protected woodpecker.....

Turtles are just an excuse to stand up to the "government" and these militias are now a serious growing threat to the government...and why...driven by social media....

By the way these militias if one really researches them stem from the US wide KKK political movement of the late 20s early 30s that the FBI shut down as it was seen as a right wing white surpremacist threat to the government...and then if one digs deeper into the Reconstruction Era of US history...

But again a serious thread that should be pushed and followed up on as this problem is only going to grow...
I have every intention of expanding this discussion to include the full spectrum of extremism, from the far left to the far right. Islamic extremism gets enough bandwidth, it's real, it's serious, but it also blinds us to other threats, perhaps greater threats to our way of life.

While Outlaw focuses solely on right wing extremism, I'll use an excerpt from another of Outlaw's post to address what is perhaps the real effort.

Quote:
Yuri Bezmenov: Ideological subversion is the process which is legitimate, overt and open. You can see it with your own eyes. All you have to do -- all American mass media has to do -- is to unplug their bananas from their ears, open up their eyes and they can see it. There is no mystery. There is nothing to do with espionage
.

Subversion in its own way is an act of war, and while some will debate that, it is certainly a form of warfare. A very effective one for undermining democratic forms of government where freedom of speech is a principle we hold dearly. The USSR correctly identified our so-called institutions of higher education as a decisive point. If they could gradually subvert the universities and turn them into unwitting or witting cheerleaders for communism, this intellectual malaise over generations would weaken our government and society, eroding our will to defend our values and question our historical narrative. It certainly worked in Berkley and other institutions where free speech is oppressed and group think is encouraged. It doesn't matter that university graduates cannot defend their positions with logic, the important thing is that they conform to group think. Now we're seeing mass mobilization of the left to oppose any views that opposes their group think. I'll post numerous examples when I have more time.

However, most notable to small wars, is the perversion of revisionist history with the subtle undermining of U.S. principles and values via flawed discussions of legitimacy. Even a modicum of knowledge regarding Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Ho, and others would reveal they did not have wide appeal, each took advantage of political and security conditions to impose their will through a combination of propaganda and a campaign of mass murder to anyone that opposed their views, or that could oppose their views.

Moving back to the right wing extremism, much of this is a reaction to the left wing extremism and the weakening of the middle. Without some sort of intervention by respected voices of reason I can only see the divide getting worse. The moderates who ran for President in the primaries were quickly side lined, so I think the voice of reason will have to come from outside politics. A modern Martin Luther King if you will, but I don't see one on the horizon.
Bill Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017   #23
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
I have every intention of expanding this discussion to include the full spectrum of extremism, from the far left to the far right. Islamic extremism gets enough bandwidth, it's real, it's serious, but it also blinds us to other threats, perhaps greater threats to our way of life.

While Outlaw focuses solely on right wing extremism, I'll use an excerpt from another of Outlaw's post to address what is perhaps the real effort.

.

Subversion in its own way is an act of war, and while some will debate that, it is certainly a form of warfare. A very effective one for undermining democratic forms of government where freedom of speech is a principle we hold dearly. The USSR correctly identified our so-called institutions of higher education as a decisive point. If they could gradually subvert the universities and turn them into unwitting or witting cheerleaders for communism, this intellectual malaise over generations would weaken our government and society, eroding our will to defend our values and question our historical narrative. It certainly worked in Berkley and other institutions where free speech is oppressed and group think is encouraged. It doesn't matter that university graduates cannot defend their positions with logic, the important thing is that they conform to group think. Now we're seeing mass mobilization of the left to oppose any views that opposes their group think. I'll post numerous examples when I have more time.

However, most notable to small wars, is the perversion of revisionist history with the subtle undermining of U.S. principles and values via flawed discussions of legitimacy. Even a modicum of knowledge regarding Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Ho, and others would reveal they did not have wide appeal, each took advantage of political and security conditions to impose their will through a combination of propaganda and a campaign of mass murder to anyone that opposed their views, or that could oppose their views.

Moving back to the right wing extremism, much of this is a reaction to the left wing extremism and the weakening of the middle. Without some sort of intervention by respected voices of reason I can only see the divide getting worse. The moderates who ran for President in the primaries were quickly side lined, so I think the voice of reason will have to come from outside politics. A modern Martin Luther King if you will, but I don't see one on the horizon.
Bill..fully agree.... I focus on the far right as they are the more serious armed threat....that does not for a moment excuse the left and far left who has supported Putin in eastern Ukraine and the craziness around the US election....

Putin plays both groups...and they do not even see they are being played....

BTW this does not excuse Bennie Sanders who was misled by a Russian bot network on the social media side to stay in the race to the bitter end and Jill Steins who in my eyes played a far greater roll in delivering the swing states for Trump and who sat next to Flynn in Moscow on the same table as Putin....

This could actually be a great thread to explain a lot of what is ongoing right now....especially on the social media side where Russian trolls and botnets are heavily intertwined with US right and far right social media sites and left and ultra left social media sites....

But I see a far more looming danger..the sheer uncontrolled flow of black money out of Russia into the US leading to corruption and what we are now seeing with say the Trump son-in-law....

It is a flow most Americans can not even begin to comprehend...

BTW..it is also a problem with our current political parties..especially now a Republican Party that is placing their jobs and cutting taxes for the rich and destroying any form of healthcare over their care for the nation state system called democracy....

.@mollyesque spent her week talking to Republicans on the Hill. The quotes here are unbelievable:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...28426/#…

Disappointing to see lawmakers are more concerned about Trump's negative impact on their own job than his negative impact on the country
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quote.jpg (52.1 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-29-2017 at 03:03 PM.
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017   #24
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
Bill..fully agree.... I focus on the far right as they are the more serious armed threat....that does not for a moment excuse the left and far left who has supported Putin in eastern Ukraine and the craziness around the US election....

Putin plays both groups...and they do not even see they are being played....

BTW this does not excuse Bennie Sanders who was misled by a Russian bot network on the social media side to stay in the race to the bitter end and Jill Steins who in my eyes played a far greater roll in delivering the swing states for Trump and who sat next to Flynn in Moscow on the same table as Putin....

This could actually be a great thread to explain a lot of what is ongoing right now....especially on the social media side where Russian trolls and botnets are heavily intertwined with US right and far right social media sites and left and ultra left social media sites....

But I see a far more looming danger..the sheer uncontrolled flow of black money out of Russia into the US leading to corruption and what we are now seeing with say the Trump son-in-law....

It is a flow most Americans can not even begin to comprehend...

BTW..it is also a problem with our current political parties..especially now a Republican Party that is placing their jobs and cutting taxes for the rich and destroying any form of healthcare over their care for the nation state system called democracy....

.@mollyesque spent her week talking to Republicans on the Hill. The quotes here are unbelievable:
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...28426/#…

Disappointing to see lawmakers are more concerned about Trump's negative impact on their own job than his negative impact on the country
Bill..this goes to the intertwining of the left...Putin and Trump....

Remember Stein never fully answered reporter questions on how much she got for her Russia Today dinner party.....and her sharing the main table with Flynn and Putin....we now know Flynn got 58K USDs and a free flight and hotel

Stein votes/Trump margin:
MI: 51,463/10,704
PA: 49,678/46,765
WI: 31,006/22,177

Thus Electoral College win....
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017   #25
Azor
Council Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 813
Default To Outlaw 09 RE: Militias

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
This is an interesting article in that it really does get to the heart of information warfare..or the weaponizing of information....be it Russian and or in this case "right wing" and or "anti government"....while it dates from 1985 it goes to the heart of this thread and the issues ongoing right now with Trump Russian connections...


Demoralisation process can be easily reverted - first of all by restricting import of Russian Propaganda - Bezmenov.

https://youtu.be/5gnpCqsXE8g
Outlaw,

You don't get it. Bezmenov's remarks on Marxist-Leninist indoctrination are often cited by right-wing "sovereigntists" and "patriots" who claim that they are defending themselves against a state and society that has been taken over by left-wing ideologues. How many times have you heard the term "Cultural Marxism" used?

Citing Bezmenov is not helping your overall case but detracting from it.
Azor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #26
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azor View Post
Outlaw,

You don't get it. Bezmenov's remarks on Marxist-Leninist indoctrination are often cited by right-wing "sovereigntists" and "patriots" who claim that they are defending themselves against a state and society that has been taken over by left-wing ideologues. How many times have you heard the term "Cultural Marxism" used?

Citing Bezmenov is not helping your overall case but detracting from it.
Azor...you do not "get it either".......the core problem you have is the following.....

1. the so called "right wing" or what I call anti government or and or "small government" really has been inherently in the US since the historical days of the anti alcohol tax revolt days by farmers...and do not tell me the KKK was founded as a reaction to Marxist Leninist beliefs.....

2. the ultra right and really a lot of the normal right use "the left" as a bashing tool.....why because the left tends to support a set of "values" that are not necessarily accepted by "the right"...

But the subversion article and this is where Bill is heading is that since the days of the anti war, free love, free speech, free drugs, hippie days "the left" is counter to what many Americans think is "normal".......

Which if one really does pay close attention to actual American history is a reaction coming from the 30s and the US Dust Bowl Depression days just updated due to VN.....

It was not only tied to the US.....Germany went through a similar phase is the 66/67 time frame which was led by German students "considered to be "radical left" by a normally "conservative" society that was basically "right"....why did the students revolt...VN, having to wear ties to the university classes, bowing down to professors who could flunk you for your attitude of say not respecting the professor in classes and the list is long...

What we have seen since the 60s is really a generational problem.....especially in Europe.....the young wanting to move faster and change things make a society more humane vs an entrenched more conservative model.....

BUT and this is the huge difference.....at least in Europe there was a moderating force called universal healthcare and universal education...THAT never existed in the US....and an educational system designed to let a blue collar kid become a full professor if he or she wanted to....commonly called social class movement......

IN the US we never had that so called "social class movement" oh yes we argue loudly that he do ..but the reality is far different.....if you want to attend any major university you and or your parents must afford at least 25-30K per year so when you come out you are so thoroughly in debt at a 6% interest rate for the rest of your life....NOW a serious problem for the US...in Berlin I and my son both obtained a PhD at no cost other than for books and a low semester fee of 80USDs and even got a stipend....and I know of blue collar sons who were bricklayers who went back to college and became architects.......AT no cost and even got a monthly stipend and unemployment as they studied because they could not work and study at the same time.

The push in the 30s for some kind of social net ie healthcare and a retirement system came out of the Dust Bowl and the Depression era.....

NOW this is where maybe Bill and I differ....US politics since these two critical social safety net laws...ie Medicare and Social Security have been at the heart of US politics and that since these laws were passed...followed by the US Voting Act in 1964 and a number of anti proverty laws passed by Johnson.

One side "the right" trying to constantly change them to the point of non existence and one side "the left" trying to protect them.....

Used as a smokescreen by both ultra right and ultra left ......to push each others agendas.....

How many Americans know that actually the idea of universal healthcare came from a King in Germany not from some political party...and after the WW2 universal education came from both sides of the political spectrum as a way to avoid another WW2.....?????

Contributing to this current mess in the US is the religious "right" which was conservative the day it landed on the shores of the US under the guise of "freedom of religion"....the good ole "Protestant Ethnic" that you must pull up yourself by your own "bootstraps"....and it is your fault if you cannot become rich because you did not work hard enough.....

I did not mention on the extreme right the term "radical Christian" which sounds an awful like "radical Muslim"....did I??

We can debate all day long but until you are firm in your US history the debate will not progress.....

I know where Bill is coming from on his views of the "left influence" but tend to differ on the reasons why it exists....

BUT back to the "subversion"...it has been there since the 30s as well and do not think the US Communist Party does not exist today and one does well to see where they all landed after McCarthy.....in the US college and university system....AND then watch the backlash of the "hippie movement" move into "political correctness".......

Some of the most damaging UK Soviet spies came out of Cambridge.....

The core problem that the US has that it will never overcome is the following...and if we could fix it the US would survive as a leader well into the 23rd century as I do not believe it will make it through the 21st one .....

Every individual US citizen has three inherent fears...the US political system does not provide a concrete answer for those fears....

1. fear of growing old....

2. fear of losing your job

3. fear of getting sick......

If one looks at say Germany they have largely answered points 2 and 3.....

Point 1 is now causing a serious problem as it was the "German Left" that adopted a number of the US "right views" and loosened up the previous retirement/employment model using the US as an example and drove into it a number of "American right wing views" and now there is a serious debate on how to rewind that "right" drift and we see now say a Finland pushing for an accepted average retirement even if you have not fully paid into it.....as a way to avoid "proverty" in retirement years...and even Germany is debating this.....

Try that argument in the US....

"What you are getting something "from the government" that you never paid for"....how can that be...???? What kind of "communist" system is that???

Again dig into US history and you might then be able to debate here.....but be able to pick historical accounts that are not "colored by one view or the other"...actually hard to do...

Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-30-2017 at 08:09 AM.
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #27
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

This is another reason I tend to focus on the US ultra right instead of the ultra left...for some strange reason the ultra right tends to have "unlimited funds". and it is also interesting on just how they are tied into Russian ultra rightists and Russian internet trolls and botnets.....

Rebel Media is a leading US white nationalist and massive proTrump supporter...and has deep ties to the white supremacy side in the US....

http://www.canadalandshow.com/rebel-...ntempt-charge/

A Rebel Media personality recently arrested for filming in and around a courthouse in Canterbury, England, has been given a suspended three-month jail sentence for contempt of court.

Quote:
Police had arrested Tommy Robinson, the founder and former member of the English Defence League — an anti-Islamic, far-right organization he departed after it became overly radicalized by neo-Nazis — at home on May 10 at 4:30 a.m. local time. Robinson began broadcasting a live Periscope video in the midst of his arrest, but was told to desist from filming shortly after he started.
On Monday, Judge Heather Norton found Robinson in contempt of court for having entered the courthouse on May 8 to confront, on camera, four men on trial for gang rape. She delivered a three-month jail sentence, suspended for 18 months, which means he will be sent to prison if he commits an offence in the next year and a half. Robinson’s lawyer had argued that custody might place him into danger.
According to the Canterbury Times, “Robinson claimed he had only been working for an internet TV company for six weeks and hadn’t been taught media law.” Robinson joined Ezra Levant’s Rebel Media earlier this#year to open its UK bureau, now consisting of at least three contributors. Levant declined to comment on Robinson’s claim as reported by the Times.
Judge Norton had severe words for Robinson and his reporting.
“This contempt hearing is not about free speech. This is not about the freedom of the press,” she said, according to the official transcript posted online by the British judiciary (which refers to Robinson by his legal name, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) [pdf]. “This is not about legitimate journalism; this is not about political correctness; this is not about whether one political viewpoint is right or another. It is about justice, and it is about ensuring that a trial can be carried out justly and fairly. … It is not about people prejudging a situation and going round to that court and publishing material, whether in print or online, referring to defendants as ‘Muslim paedophile rapists.’ A legitimate journalist would not be able to do that…”
The judge also found that Robinson stubbornly disobeyed warnings from court staff.
“You then continued to film in the court building, even though you had been told not to, and these matters were then published on the media with, as I am aware, a very wide viewing rate, referring to the defendants by their religion and referring to them as ‘Muslim child rapists’ or ‘Muslim paedophiles’ … indeed on the video footage from inside the court building, we can hear you say that the paedophiles are hiding, that the police have asked you not to expose them as paedophiles, but you say ‘we will’; and when you discover that they have been taken out of the back door, you talk about ‘going round to their house,’ and again, the intention of getting them on camera.”
The publication ban on Robinson’s hearing was lifted today after the “interlinked” trial he was attempting to cover concluded. In that trial, a jury found four men guilty of gang-raping a 16-year-old girl after she asked them for directions.
In his work for The Rebel, Robinson primarily focuses on Islamic extremism in England, such as the “Muslim rape gangs” he believes are now pervasive in his country and go largely unreported by the mainstream press. He has had run-ins with the law before, serving jail time for tax evasion and for using someone else’s passport. Robinson disputes his past criminal record as a smear campaign and witch hunt orchestrated by politicians and police to silence him for his leadership role in raising awareness of what he sees as a growing Islamic extremism problem within England. Robinson is a complicated character, and depending on who you ask, he’s either a traditional liberal using his freedom of speech to expose Islamic extremism and intolerance, or a racist nativist inciting intolerance and hatred toward Muslim immigrants. Robinson also aggressively confronts journalists he sees as slandering him in segments called “Troll Watch,” recently showing up at the workplace and homes of journalists and others who’d labelled him “far-right,” “racist,” and “white supremacist.”
On May 8, Robinson went to a Canterbury courthouse to record himself confronting those four men he described as “Muslim paedophiles” then still standing trial.
In an email to CANADALAND, University of Oxford law professor Laura Hoyano explained the law banning filming in and around courthouses: “The Courts in England and Wales are generally open to the press and public … but filming and recording is banned under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the Contempt of Court Act.
“The rule is widely known, so it would be very surprising if this journalist did not know it.”
The same day Robinson was arrested, Rebel founder and self-described commander Levant — himself a former lawyer — devoted the first half of his paywalled show to Robinson’s arrest and aired some of the footage from outside the courthouse.
“There [Robinson] is in front of the courthouse talking about the rape trial within. Now we have not aired this segment yet, we’re still editing it, but this is what the police came to his house about. Tommy was lingering outside waiting for the accused rapists to come out, and then he would put questions to them as they came downstairs. Well, this obviously irritated some police inside the court… So they sent some court officials to tell Tommy, ‘Well, you better not.’ They were trying to come up with something that he wasn’t allowed to do,” Levant told his audience.
Levant then explained that the police, “in collusion and cooperation with the rape suspects, sneaked [them] out another door of the courthouse, helping them to avoid Tommy.” Levant also disclosed that Robinson was livestreaming video from his phone and was “briefly inside the court.”
In email correspondence with CANADALAND, Levant said he believes it was inappropriate for the police to arrest Robinson early in the morning. “There was no need to do so. This is equivalent of getting a ticket. 4 a.m. is when you swoop in to catch murderers or terrorists who are a flight risk. This was 100% to intimidate Tommy’s family, to pressure him into abandoning his work.”

Continued.....

A Kent Police spokesperson would not elaborate on the nature of the arrest but confirmed to CANADALAND that “on the morning of Wednesday 10 May 2017 officers attended an address in Luton, Bedfordshire, and arrested a 34-year-old man for contempt of court. The arrest is in relation to an incident at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday 8 May 2017.”
Shortly after the arrest, the Rebel started a fundraising campaign — a specialty of theirs for funding activism — to pay for two top barristers to represent Robinson by sending out an email blast to subscribers to help fight the ostensible injustice of Robinson being arrested “for attempted journalism.”
Robinson was then released on bail 12 hours after being arrested. On Thursday, May 18, Levant sent another email to continue crowdfunding to defray the 10,000 pounds (roughly $17,230 Canadian) for Robinson’s legal costs, including his representation at his hearing on Monday, May 22, for the judge’s sentencing. The total amount thus far raised has not been made public on The Rebel’s fundraising page.
Levant claims the U.K. police are embarrassed by Robinson’s coverage exposing their negligence: “Throughout the U.K., authorities have been turning a blind eye to Muslim rape gangs, out of political correctness. If you doubt it, Google the Rotherham inquiry. 1,400 British girls were raped in a city of 250,000 over years, and the police and politicians and social workers all knew — but everyone was afraid of being called racist.”
(Although reports have cited fears of perceptions of racism as a reason that the Rotherham scandal festered for so long, other reports question whether this was merely an excuse for the authorities’ incompetence.)
Last week, Robinson and his#Rebel colleague Caolan Robertson were driving to confront a Muslim politician for defending the character of an accused rapist when they were “ambushed” by what Robertson described as several cars full of “Muslim men” that “chased after us and tried to block the road. They threw bricks through the windows. They tried to punch through the windows… They rammed the car off the motorway. The whole side of the car is ####ed.”
Robinson and Robertson also claim the assailants uttered death threats, and Robinson was again livestreaming as police spent an hour searching his car.
This week, as part of his coverage of the the Manchester terror attack, Robinson made a video of an angry rant outside a mosque in the city.
“There’s a history of extremism with this mosque,” he says in the video, which now has 716,000 views. “Now where I’m standing now, within a stone’s throw — a two-mile radius from where I’m standing now — there’s been 16 men who’ve died or been imprisoned for fighting for ISIS.
“They’re in bed with them. Our politicians have sold us out. They’re working hand-in-hand with radical extremists.”
On Tuesday, he also spoke about Manchester with Alex Jones on InfoWars.
These recent events add to a growing laundry list of sensational incidents involving Rebel commentators going from covering the news to becoming the news.

Continued.....
.
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #28
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
Quote edited for brevity:

Either by accident or planned Bill has placed his finger on something I just keep posting and posting and posting.....

America has the ability "to drift into fascism with a smile" what you saw with this single event was the tip of the iceberg and it has been drifting just under the surface since Oklahoma City...

While we as a nation get literally all worked up about jihadists we have failed to see that we have among us "white jihadists" who are supported by an ideology most of us would think crazy. From black copters to federal surveillance of everything we do to hating of IRS....and the list goes on....

Why do we after every single US jihadist attack think we have a network behind it AND then somehow sweep the McVeigh Oklahoma City attack under the rug as the work of two lone wolves.....

A 4000 lb chemical bomb using fertilizer and diesel fuel has to be mixed by hand so these two guys just mixed and mixed and mixed and yet no one saw it happen....

So as in the Sunni jihadi world no one made the bomb and then simply delivered it....?

We as a nation never really fully demanded a complete and thorough investigation into the attack...why....no one wanted to place any belief into a possible right wing side being potentially involved even though concrete leads were apparent....we were "sold" the story..we have captured all participants...BUT we demanded a Congressional investigation in 9/11 and Benghazi but never did for OC......

There was also an underlining thought why it did not go further...."Americans could not possible kill other Americans"....BUT in the world of terrorism the ultra right attacks objects that stand in the place of the "government" and OC was just such a target....

Secondly, these armed militia elements literally took off with the election of Obama....check the yearly FBI stats...and it ties into the last eight years of "Obama is going to take your guns away from you mantra"....BTW did we not see than same mantra used by Trump at virtually all of his rallies and did he not once "allude" to using the 2nd Amendment to resolve the Clinton problem????

Actually this movement has been with us since 1970...it developed out of the "blacks are going to revolt and we need to defend ourselves" which grew out of the "blacks are getting more benefits from the government than do whites" which came out the Johnson anti poverty campaign...and civil rights era....

THEN we can jump forward to the Trump campaign that unleased a massive barrage of ethnic profiling and allowed the US ultra right fringe groups to gain "creditability" ie white nationalists and white surpremacists....who did in fact support Trump and believe that support allows them the right to do what they want...against anyone non white...

See Portland this week with the killing of two men who intervened in a white surpremacist verbal attacks on two Muslim females...and whose twitter account beams with praise for the KKK, US Nazi Party and Trump....

What is not being mentioned is .....check the racial and ethnic make up of the group involved all white....and I am betting all Trump voters....

Notice many outside of this area and not into cattle and farming do not realize the vast amounts of land the federal government has under its control...BUT WAIT gazing on this federal lands is actually far cheaper than having to purchase grazing land in those areas and the federal yearly grazing costs are cheap....and there was an outrage when they were raised last year which was a normal process...it has always for this ranching and farming group just been considered a cost of production and a cheap cost at that.

We can debate who actually owns all of this land and some Native Americans might like to reclaim it....as it was taken from them to begin with under various US government so called peace treaties...but that is another story.

Protecting an endangered species is not a subject this group ever wants to hear....but when asked if they realize the extent the government goes through to protect them on federal property they might be surprised....

If they would see a US Army Abrams on the full top speed barrelling across the NTC come to total stop because a desert turtle was just spotted and then having to wait for a turtle recovery team to arrive...they might have another opinion....

OR the time the NTC spent 2M USDs on a study to determine if they could move several turtle groups to a new area and discovered that it is not that easy after all 24 turtles decided to meander back to their original areas after being moved ever so gently 24 miles to a new location...and they all had GPS.

OR when Ft. Bragg shuts down firing ranges because a of protected woodpecker.....

Turtles are just an excuse to stand up to the "government" and these militias are now a serious growing threat to the government...and why...driven by social media....

By the way these militias if one really researches them stem from the US wide KKK political movement of the late 20s early 30s that the FBI shut down as it was seen as a right wing white surpremacist threat to the government...and then if one digs deeper into the Reconstruction Era of US history...

But again a serious thread that should be pushed and followed up on as this problem is only going to grow...
Azor....I keep going back the "right attempt to reverse the social gains made in the 30s and 60s using the smokescreen of "rolling back the influence of leftists".....

Why does the "right attack" "civil rights" as if it is this evil "leftist conspiracy"....Why is there a drive to turn back US society to the 30s...valid question is it not ALL using the smokescreen of it's because of the left

How the White House plans to minimize civil rights efforts for students, minorities and the elderly

The push to cut budgets for civil rights divisions across Cabinet departments reflects the view within the Trump administration that Obama officials exceeded their authority in policing discrimination on the state and local level.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0dcfe7edfc0c

OR the Texas example of a Republican Congressman calling ICE because local students were demonstrating in his town meeting discussing the Trump Muslim Ban and they looked "like illegal Mexicans in the state of TX that has a high legal rate of US Mexican citizens.....

So if you look "illegal" Republicans call ICE because these students are what "leftists" not just normal Americans standing up for their civil rights????

BTW the US image even in UK has taken a serious hit under Trump.....in London there was a sign outside a well known coffee shop which stated...."Americans only allowed with adult supervision"
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #29
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Azor...so just how do you explain the Trump "influence on the alt right"????

NOTICE just how Trump a supposedly descendent of a German continues his German bashing.....

Donald J. Trump‏
@realDonaldTrump
We have a MASSIVE trade deficit with Germany, plus they pay FAR LESS than they should on NATO & military. Very bad for U.S. This will change

LAST time I checked Germany is not about to change simply for Trump.....

WHAT is far more interesting is then the proTrump trolling that kicks in on
is tweet from a known white nationalist.

Mike Tokes‏
#@MikeTokes
John Podesta should be in jail.
Hillary Clinton should be in jail.
The evidence provided by wikileaks is overwhelming.

Please investigate the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich. Intimidation has been used to silence anyone talking about it. Liberal fascism...

The portland killer was a left wing Bernie supporter who wanted to kill trump voters.
These are not alt-right events.
BUT WAIT he was verbally abusing two female Muslims and the two he killed..one was a Republican Iraqi vet....

Meanwhile you have Antifa, a left wing domestic terrorist organization inciting violence and rioting in your city yet you do NOTHING. Shame!

Congressional democrats are trying feverishly to bury this story. @OANN has wiped its website clean of reports on Seth Rich #ExposeTheLeft

The fake news media is nothing more than a globalist propaganda outlet.

WHAT this account does not mention is that the Antifa which is a left term for "Antifascist movement" which originally came out of Germany is a loose group who confront neo Nazi's and known US fascists whenever they demonstrate.....AND WHAT he did not mention was that two days before this killing the so called Bernie Sanders "leftist" supporter was actually participating in a "Free Speech and Proud Boy" rallies..both of these groups are known white nationalist groups...
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #30
davidbfpo
Council Member
 
davidbfpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 11,346
Default Terror Inside the United States

The Soufan Group briefing on the recent murders ends with:
Quote:
The muted reaction by the U.S. government—and the Trump administration in particular—to these two attacks is in stark contrast to the reaction to any attack claimed by the Islamic State. Statistics clearly point to a systemic threat inside the U.S. that comes from violent white supremacists who are radicalized by and adhere to an ideology equally as dangerous as violent jihadist ideology. Though Islamic State and al-Qaeda-motivated threats certainly warrant thorough attention, the U.S. can and should broaden its counterterrorism strategies to account for the prevalent threat of domestic white supremacists at home.
Link:http://www.soufangroup.com/tsg-intel...united-states/
__________________
davidbfpo
davidbfpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #31
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

NOW we are seeing the massive creation of FAKE twitter accounts around the term Antifa....

There's been a spike in the creation of fake Twitter accounts that claim to be linked to anti-fascists/Antifa:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilver...am#.nyYN9OMdx#

BUT WAIT.....
Top Portland Republican thinks it's "appropriate" to hire right-wing militias for security
http://www.newsweek.com/portland-sta...enters-617353#
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fake.jpg (52.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (43.3 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by davidbfpo; 05-30-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Brevity
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #32
OUTLAW 09
Council Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 35,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
The Soufan Group briefing on the recent murders ends with:
Link:http://www.soufangroup.com/tsg-intel...united-states/
Also mentioned this.....

Quote:
•The suspects in both incidents had extensive histories of racist social media postings, yet there has been little outcry about how the men were ‘radicalized.’

•In the U.S., the incidence of racially motivated crimes and terrorism significantly exceeds that of Islamic State-inspired attacks, yet does not generate the same level of response.
OUTLAW 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #33
Azor
Council Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 813
Default To Outlaw 09 RE: The New Militias

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09
Azor...you do not "get it either"...
Well, I’m glad you admitted that your error on using the Bezmenov quote. I trust you don’t lend any credence to the possibility of Soviet nuclear suitcase bombs secreted around the country?

The rest of your response is an open-ended rant that has nothing to do with the militia movement, let alone the contemporary one.
Azor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017   #34
Azor
Council Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 813
Default To davidfbpo and OUTLAW 09 RE: Soufan

I read the May 30 "Intelbrief". I wholeheartedly agree that law enforcement should not be focusing on Muslim supremacist terrorism at the expense of White supremacist terrorists, violent anti-abortion extremists, and anti-government types such as the "sovereigntists" or "freemen".

However, Soufan's assertion that these other ideologies are more of a threat, even when combined as "right-wing" (i.e. committed by non-Hispanic white Americans), is utterly incorrect. How do I arrive at that conclusion?
  • Since 9/11, 19 people have been killed in anti-Muslim attacks, including the recent one in Portland. A further 35 have been killed in anti-Semitic, anti-government, anti-abortion and racist attacks, for a total of 54.
  • In comparison, 111 people have been killed in Muslim supremacist attacks during that same time period.
  • Muslims comprise some 1% of the U.S. population
  • Non-Hispanic Whites comprise some 62% of the U.S. population

Nor is this trend limited to the United States. In Western Europe, some 582 people have been killed by Muslim supremacists from 9/11 to present, whereas 8 Muslims have been murdered in anti-Muslim violence. Yet again, Muslims comprise only 4% of the Western European population...

So tell me, which community has the biggest problems with supremacism and supremacist violence?

Last edited by Azor; 05-30-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Azor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #35
davidbfpo
Council Member
 
davidbfpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 11,346
Default Bundy case(s) fail

This is the headline:
Quote:
Judge in Las Vegas dismisses case against Cliven Bundy, 2 sons
Not clear yet why:
Quote:
U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro, who granted a mistrial in the case last month, said Monday’s decision was based, in part, on “flagrant prosecutorial misconduct.”
Link:https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/b...bundy-2-sons/?
__________________
davidbfpo

Last edited by davidbfpo; 1 Week Ago at 01:56 PM. Reason: 28,628v
davidbfpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #36
AdamG
Council Member
 
AdamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hiding from the Dreaded Burrito Gang
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
This is the headline:Not clear yet why
Been following this. Short answer; the Prosecution are guilty of shenanigans in the First Degree.
Quote:
In a sealed document leaked online late Thursday afternoon, a Bureau of Land Management employee alleges vast misconduct by his agency during its investigation of the 2014 armed standoff between the government and supporters of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy. The document is the latest twist in a tumultuous federal trial of Bundy, his sons Ammon and Ryan, and Montana militiaman Ryan Payne that began Nov. 14.

The bulk of the leaked document is a correspondence from BLM Special Agent Larry C. Wooten to Associate Deputy Attorney General Andrew D. Goldsmith. In 18 pages, Wooten alleges nearly three years of misconduct including what amounts to suppression of evidence and discriminatory behavior toward the Bundys. “I routinely observed, and the investigation revealed a widespread pattern of bad judgment, lack of discipline, incredible bias, unprofessionalism and misconduct,” Wooten wrote, “as well as likely policy, ethical, and legal violations among senior and supervisory staff at the BLM’s Office of Law Enforcement and Security.”
http://www.hcn.org/articles/cliven-b...interior-trial

Quote:
The long legal saga of the Bundys and their armed opposition to federal land management in 2014 has come to an abrupt end. Federal district court judge Gloria Navarro declared a mistrial last month over violations of discovery rules by prosecutors, who then filed motions to retry the case. Navarro put her foot down this afternoon, ordering the charges to be dismissed with prejudice — meaning that the Department of Justice cannot retry any of the defendants:
https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/...harges-bundys/

As discussed on these very pages time and time again, if you have Government organization acting in High Hat manner, doesn't matter where on the globe you are but some folks are going to eventually take umbrage.

__________________
A scrimmage in a Border Station
A canter down some dark defile
Two thousand pounds of education
Drops to a ten-rupee jezail


http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Last edited by AdamG; 1 Week Ago at 02:55 PM.
AdamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #37
AdamG
Council Member
 
AdamG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hiding from the Dreaded Burrito Gang
Posts: 2,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
As discussed on these very pages time and time again, if you have Government organization acting in High Hat manner, doesn't matter where on the globe you are but some folks are going to eventually take umbrage.
See also
http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...ad.php?t=19722
__________________
A scrimmage in a Border Station
A canter down some dark defile
Two thousand pounds of education
Drops to a ten-rupee jezail


http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg
AdamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Criminals, Militias, and Insurgents: Organized Crime in Iraq Jedburgh Who is Fighting Whom? How and Why? 1 07-18-2009 03:23 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9. ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Registered Users are solely responsible for their messages.
Operated by, and site design © 2005-2009, Small Wars Foundation