Thread: Ground-based ISR?

Council Member

Default Ground-based ISR?

This article on the Aviation week blog caught my eye. It seems like a pretty neat system that might be useful in Iraq and Afghanistan. Do we have anything similar and if not, should we?

Thumbs up Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    This article on the Aviation week blog caught my eye. It seems like a pretty neat system that might be useful in Iraq and Afghanistan. Do we have anything similar and if not, should we?
    Kinda along the same lines I saw the news today about the Webcams on the border. 24 surveillance by
    (anyone whos bored, security minded, or somewhere in between)
    Any man can destroy that which is around him, The rare man is he who can find beauty even in the darkest hours

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur

Default IDF Snake-Bot

The IDF Snake-Bot. Now this is ground level surveillance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JnQL...layer_embedded

Default Snakes look out!

Ok, assuming the Youtube clip is real I predict snakes will become an endangered species in certain places on Israel's borders. Secondly, if this is now in the public domain, how long has it been operational? Too much of the "new" security technology has allegedly been around for thirty years plus and then we learn it ha snot, e.g. CCTV with facial identification.
    davidbfpo

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    We have systems that afford us similar capabilities already, namely the aerostat systems. They aren't a silver bullet though, and have to be understood in order to be employed well.

Default SBInet the Virtual Fence

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gener...p37-262578.xml

Article on the troubled "Virtual Fence" program along the US/Mexican border.