-The U.S. has only has 10 infantry divisions, an armored division, and an armored cavalry division.-

Your math is suspect, and your understanding of the modular Army is out of date. The Army has 10 total divisions, and there is no difference between the heavy brigades in 1AD, 1CD and 1ID (if they still have any). Further, the division construct is not as relevant, as there is a light and a Stryker brigade in 1AD.

Further, I don't think it is a point of readiness - this usually refers to the condition of forces - but rather, the type and amount of forces present. I do agree that we don't have the force structure and proper forces forward deployed to have a deterrent effect. Why do you need a Stryker or airborne BCT forward deployed? Wasn't their whole point being how easily deployed they would be? I get the Operational deployability of the Strykers, and the utility of the airborne IBCT. But for deterrent effect, 2 HBCTs (not in Germany - the Germans have shown how painful they can make our lives - maybe Poland and Romania) forward deployed, with additional prepositioned brigade sets, would bring back some ability to speak from a position of power.

Now, I also think you are being a bit dramatic in asking if NATO allies will 'turn against us'. However, their ability to be cowed by economic threats is significant and substantial.

So your comment is that we don't have the forces we need (agreed) and we have a Russian threat acting with relative impunity (agreed) then what is our position to negotiate from? Well, maybe we need to ask the Europeans. It is their butts on the line.

Tankersteve