Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEF has it been worth the human cost?

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    Is there anyone other than USians who think the US political system of any value?
    Besides this being a comment only revealing your inner ####bag, The US FEDERALIST system would have done quite well in Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the DoS scum we sent there to "help" the Afghans were typical US bureaucrat Eastern liberal "old school tie" proto-communists who crammed an overcentralized and unworkable government down the Afghans' collective throat. Making anything anyone did after that irrelevant toward the success of the rest of the conflict. So no, the cost has not been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    Predicable knee jerk reaction... sad really.
    Yes, your scatalogical comment, including your typical non American ignorant judgementalism, despite the paradise of a polity your own government is, was pretty sad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Besides this being a comment only revealing your inner ####bag, The US FEDERALIST system would have done quite well in Afghanistan. Unfortunately, the DoS scum we sent there to "help" the Afghans were typical US bureaucrat Eastern liberal "old school tie" proto-communists who crammed an overcentralized and unworkable government down the Afghans' collective throat. Making anything anyone did after that irrelevant toward the success of the rest of the conflict. So no, the cost has not been worth it.
    Angry young men are only of value during wartime if they can focus their anger productively on getting the job done. Random shotgun style vents of anger indicate a level of frustration probably caused by a low success factor.

That said I would suggest that virtually nothing out of the US system is exportable to Afghanistan. To try to do so is pure insanity. What ever happened to the right to self-determination?

As a non USian I merely ask questions which the average USian never ask themselves and repeat comments on observations that outsiders make of the US.

For a nation that behaves in a manner that obviously cares less what the world thinks and in a manner serving only the narrow interests of the US there are an astonishing number of very thin skinned people.

The age of US hegemony will be characterized as one lost opportunities. Probably the weakest empire ever.

Yes, your scatalogical comment, including your typical non American ignorant judgementalism, despite the paradise of a polity your own government is, was pretty sad.
    Yes my government is corrupt and incompetent as are the majority around the world... but I am not deluding myself that we have a system worth exporting and foisting onto an unsuspecting world nor does the criminal incompetence of the President and government of my country detract one iota from the merits of my personal views.

Default I don’t think you’re being fair.

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Unfortunately, the DoS scum we sent there to "help" the Afghans were typical US bureaucrat Eastern liberal "old school tie" proto-communists who crammed an overcentralized and unworkable government down the Afghans' collective throat.
    Surely a few of them went to Stanford.
    If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. – Mark Twain (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ganulv View Post
    Surely a few of them went to Stanford.
    Probably. But I'm with 120mm. My bet is that most went to Harvard, Yale or Georgetown.
    John Wolfsberger, Jr.

An unruffled person with some useful skills.

Quote Originally Posted by J Wolfsberger View Post
    My bet is that most went to Harvard, Yale or Georgetown.
    Does Yale have an analog to the School of Foreign Service and Kennedy School or Government? Or is it just the grooming?
    If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. – Mark Twain (attributed)