Thread: Syria in 2017 (April-December)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    Are you insinuating that NATO in general, and the U.S. in particular...
    No. My conclusion is that the USA + NATO were 'OK' with a military regime in Turkey, when that fitted their interests, and are 'not OK' with an Islamist destroying the Turkish democracy when that's not in their interests; i.e. that to the USA + NATO it never matters what Turkish people and/or governments do, and what repercussions that has for Turkey - but only what's in US and NATO interests.

During the Cold War, the U.S. followed a dual-track approach, supporting liberal democracy as well as authoritarian anti-Communist states....
    ...you forgot to add, 'and destroying democracies for the purpose of private interests' (see Guatemala, Chile, Iran etc., etc., etc.).

So we are parsing the history of the Turks and Kurds now? Two years out of a forty-year conflict? And that is just referring to the PKK…
    ...sigh... because - or thanks to you, I'll use my time in more constructive fashion, sit down and finally write a history of that conflict - based on official data from both of involved parties.

Curious. Despite sending observers to see the Union and Confederacy have a go at it, the Europeans...
    ...sigh... Azor: now you're blowing yourself up all over my windshield.

You mentioned Austria, I responded about Austria - which you obviously do not understand, just like you do not understand that with 'European', as obvious from your prose to both topics... sigh... please, go discussing in that style with somebody else.

More than sixty failed military interventions? I count four…
    Can't believe you're that clueless. Please, inform yourself: Timeline of United States military operations.

You have my apology, though, then I was wrong too: didn't count all of what's listed, but the total appears to be closer to 200.

Well that’s quite an un-European sentiment.
    Ah now comes the usual accusation of 'homophobia' - just because you've never heard of paedophilia, and thus can't differentiate between the two.

And? I realize that this is your wheelhouse, but what does it have to do with the price of rice?
    Just disregard and forget about it. Sorry, but it's beyond your ability to understand.

Alright. And what of Turkey’s decision to allow Islamists, including Al Qaeda and Daesh, use its border as a revolving door?
    Since by now I'm sure you wouldn't understand my answer, let me just ask you back: would you like to say you don't understand the concept of states where there are multiple, and different political and religious opinions/points of view? Where not everybody thinks and does the same?

The situation may be crystal clear...
    Yup, cause the next war while the last is still going on.

...but is an immediate solution?
    Who needs solutions?

Only pussies are war-weary.
    Last edited by CrowBat; 05-13-2017 at 06:02 AM.