Thread: Insurgoterrmilitia Ideogangs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marc,
    Your version reminds me of the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail were Arthur introduces himself to the peasant, wrongfully identified initially as "Old Woman," who is collecting muck.

My only question is why no quotations from Habermas Adorno, or some other Frankfurt School wizard?

Well done.

Hi WM,

Quote Originally Posted by wm View Post
    My only question is why no quotations from Habermas Adorno, or some other Frankfurt School wizard?
    Well, I suspect it's because part of my mind has been spun off analyzing the rhetoric of some of my colleagues, so it seemed more appropriate to use a bricolage rather than a structural analysis . 'sides that, I find that Habermas actually had some really good ideas; he was just hampered by an incredibly clunky, overly mechanistic theoretical model. Let's just leave Adorno out of it for now (I've been working on a book review where he comes up a lot).

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Marc,
    Your version reminds me of the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail were Arthur introduces himself to the peasant, wrongfully identified initially as "Old Woman," who is collecting muck.

Well done.
    I often use the "She turned me into a newt" episode from the witch trial to explain American politics.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    I often use the "She turned me into a newt" episode from the witch trial to explain American politics.
    Steve,

I see the connection with Sir Bedevere's logic. The only problem I see with that comparison is that, unlike the peasant, American politics can't say ,"Well, I got better." (At least not yet and I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen )

Steve,

I see the connection with Sir Bedevere's logic. The only problem I see with that comparison is that, unlike the peasant, American politics can't say ,"Well, I got better." (At least not yet and I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen )
    I'm convinced that last week when the question was posed, "What can we do about the decline of the dollar?" Rush Limbaugh's answer was, "A duck!"

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    I'm convinced that last week when the question was posed, "What can we do about the decline of the dollar?" Rush Limbaugh's answer was, "A duck!"
    Are you sure it wasn't "It's floating!"?
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/