Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Info, Cyber and Disinformation (Jan-June 2017).

Council Member

REMEMBER Trump said this about his voters: "I love the poorly educated"
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle...vent25#…

SO if we have learned to believe exactly what Trump states, comments and or tweets is serious and real...THEN he "truly loves the poorly educated"....

WHY is that????

Council Member

GOP firm leaks personal data on >198 million US voters incl home address, birthdate & phone numbers‼️

APPEARS GOP has no explanation on just how they aquired 198M individual datasets....

http://gizmodo.com/gop-data-firm-acc...-ne-1796211612

Political data gathered on more than 198 million US citizens was exposed this month after a marketing firm contracted by the Republican National Committee stored internal documents on a publicly accessible Amazon server.

The data leak contains a wealth of personal information on roughly 61 percent of the US population. Along with home addresses, birthdates, and phone numbers, the records include advanced sentiment analyses used by political groups to predict where individual voters fall on hot-button issues such as gun ownership, stem cell research, and the right to abortion, as well as suspected religious affiliation and ethnicity. The data was amassed from a variety of sources—from the banned subreddit r/fatpeoplehate to American Crossroads, the super PAC co-founded by former White House strategist Karl Rove.

Deep Root Analytics, a conservative data firm that identifies audiences for political ads, confirmed ownership of the data to Gizmodo on Friday.
    Dulles, VA & Alexandria, VA., Aug 13 - A leading center-right data organization, Deep Root Analytics (DRA), announced today a partnership with FourthWall Media™, the largest independent source of cable set top box viewing data. Deep Root is the first Republican analytics firm to leverage FourthWall’s TV viewing data to micro-target political campaign television advertising. FourthWall Media, through its MassiveData division, maintains a panel of 4.7 million individuals in over 1.8 million homes.

“Television continues to be campaigns’ dominant communications medium, but it has typically been the least data-driven,” said Alex Lundry, Co-founder of DRA. “Campaign resources are a precious commodity, so it is important that political television buying decisions be better informed by data. We need to approach big media with big data. Big data allows us to target our most important voting segments with messages that not only inform and influence, but create passion. Integrating FourthWall’s exclusive data with Deep Root’s unique blended media database will help campaigns target their paid media in a far more effective way than they had previously. What FourthWall’s exclusive second-by- second viewership data gives us is the ability to spend our advertising dollars more effectively and to target our message into individual homes for maximum political impact.”

In the upcoming election cycle, Republican candidates and conservative causes will be more successful if they can better target critical voters with the right message,” said Sara Fagen, Co-founder of DRA. “When we combine our unique voter segmentation with FourthWall’s second-by-second viewing data, we can dynamically match a voter’s interest in issues with their viewing habits to build persuasion models that allow us to more effectively and cost-efficiently make our case to the American people. This is a critical advantage the GOP needs going forward and we look forward to working with FourthWall to employ their unique data.”
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 06-19-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Azor...here is what you do not realize nor probably will not agree with.....

IF a single US voter changed their vote from say a Mullen, Stein, Sanders and Clinton to Trump because of "fake news"...targeted twitter and FB messaging largely designed and implemented into the US election via alt right twitter/bot accounts and FB..AND Russian social media accounts......key BTW is the word "targeted"....

THEN that vote was "hacked" just as effectively as say via an actual hacking attack....

NOW get real...the difference in this election was over a grand total of 70,000 votes in the four key states that "won" Trump the electoral college NOT the "election" as you know he lost the general election vote total by over 3M....

So just how many of those 70,000 votes were impacted by Russian and alt right influence operations ie propaganda, fake news, disinformation and just plain out right lying being supported by literally millions of tons of "dark money" driven by the Citizens United SC decision????

BTW...if you do not want to agree with this then watch the FBI investigation unfold in the coming months...this is exactly what they are chasing and believe me with FinCen is involved you will see the "dark money" come to light....

It is already coming to the "light"......
    Thus, I know my Outlaw!

1. It would seem that your answer is to censor the internet and social media so as to prevent foreign powers from influencing Americans, no?

2. You actually have no means of proving how meaningful Russian influence operations were on the election. Nathan Silver's and FiveThirtyEight's polling indicated that the damage to Clinton's campaign came in September and October 2016 when she made the "deplorables" remark, and then when Comey sent the infamous letter to Congress. The most damage WikiLeaks did was prior to the Democratic National Convention, when it released evidence of Clinton and the Democratic Party colluding to undermine Sanders' campaign for the nomination.

3. Many Americans have long disliked and distrusted Hillary Clinton, and she herself was convinced of a "vast right-wing conspiracy" against her as far back as the late 1990s. No agents of the Kremlin were required for #Benghazi, #VinceFoster, #Pay-for-play, #WeCameWeSawHeDied, #ProudlyDeplorable, etc. I see that you are attempting to conflate Russian intelligence, which is obviously foreign, with the "alt-right", which is clearly domestic.

4. Citizens United benefited Clinton more than any other candidate, particularly as she had the support of American financial institutions and unions, whereas Trump was unable to gain the support of the Republicans' usual financiers.

5. I know you will keep track of the "dark money" for the rest of us. The Gulf Arabs have given many millions to the Clintons in the form of "donations" and speaking fees, enabling Clinton to build up her public profile in advance of 2016. Perhaps their malign foreign influence "hacked" your absentee ballot?

6. Lastly, Hillary Clinton did not "win" the election. She lost. The election is won by the candidate who secures the most electoral college votes, which was Trump. Thank you for playing.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    Thus, I know my Outlaw!

1. It would seem that your answer is to censor the internet and social media so as to prevent foreign powers from influencing Americans, no?

2. You actually have no means of proving how meaningful Russian influence operations were on the election. Nathan Silver's and FiveThirtyEight's polling indicated that the damage to Clinton's campaign came in September and October 2016 when she made the "deplorables" remark, and then when Comey sent the infamous letter to Congress. The most damage WikiLeaks did was prior to the Democratic National Convention, when it released evidence of Clinton and the Democratic Party colluding to undermine Sanders' campaign for the nomination.

3. Many Americans have long disliked and distrusted Hillary Clinton, and she herself was convinced of a "vast right-wing conspiracy" against her as far back as the late 1990s. No agents of the Kremlin were required for #Benghazi, #VinceFoster, #Pay-for-play, #WeCameWeSawHeDied, #ProudlyDeplorable, etc. I see that you are attempting to conflate Russian intelligence, which is obviously foreign, with the "alt-right", which is clearly domestic.

4. Citizens United benefited Clinton more than any other candidate, particularly as she had the support of American financial institutions and unions, whereas Trump was unable to gain the support of the Republicans' usual financiers.

5. I know you will keep track of the "dark money" for the rest of us. The Gulf Arabs have given many millions to the Clintons in the form of "donations" and speaking fees, enabling Clinton to build up her public profile in advance of 2016. Perhaps their malign foreign influence "hacked" your absentee ballot?

6. Lastly, Hillary Clinton did not "win" the election. She lost. The election is won by the candidate who secures the most electoral college votes, which was Trump. Thank you for playing.
    Azor..get real...I can track specificially a single key Russian tweet from St. Petersburg straight into Infowars to Breitbart to Fox and then into EIGTH different alt right blogsites claiming to be "News sites" and then in recent interviews in that specific area where they were targeted and I can you statments from those Trump supporters that were interviewd that ...

1. they voiced great distrust MSM and
    2. get their "News" from Infowars and Breitbart...as those sites "do not lie"

Secondly I can track for you three key porTrump alt right white nationalists that were actively busy speading hacked Marcon data via Wikileaks straight into the Le Pen campaing twitter links creating the echo chamber effect that Trump was a massive supporter of Le Pen.....

Now here is the catch...you can "win" the electoral college BUT if the results are in fact "tainted" is it a true win that can in fact be challegned in SC...REMEMBER there is in fact a precdent for asking the SC for an election results review....

THAT will be the interesting question being raised by SC Mueller in the coming months....

BTW...you will notice that I posted the last Trump campaign FEC Report indicating spending of 202m USDs....

You if you dig deep into the previous FEC reporting periods WILL not find in flowing contributions of 202M USDs..so where did the money come from....EXACTLY what SC Mueller is asking today....

AND if you paid close attention to the 13 lawyers that have been hired ALL have massive prosecution backgrounds in money laundering and Russian mob trials......

NOTE
    Source with knowledge of Trump Russia says investigators have watched them in real time try to cleanse records of evidence/connections.

DOJ’s Weissmann Joining Mueller’s Russia Investigation Team, Sources Say
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...sia-probe-team

Andrew Weissmann oversaw VW, foreign bribery, bank cases
    Wilmer’s Rhee also said to be joining Mueller-led group

Council Member

MORE Trump and GOP info warfare hard at work.....

A pro-Trump group is using Obama's voice out of context in radio ad for Georgia's special election
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/18/po...-ad/index.html

WHERE is the difference between GOP info warfare and Russian info warfare being directed today at the US.....???

Council Member

BUT WAIT.........

Kellyanne Conway: "We are starting to waste tens of millions of dollars on [the Russia investigation]" (Fox)

BUT..."whataboutism" of the GOP Benghazi investgation that took over 451 House and Senate hearing days...and countless "investigations costing literally millions" WHICH found nothing ....????

OR let us say the Clinton White Plains land deals where nothing was found...and millions wasted as well.....

Council Member

Azor..get real...I can track specificially a single key Russian tweet from St. Petersburg straight into Infowars to Breitbart to Fox and then into EIGTH different alt right blogsites claiming to be "News sites" and then in recent interviews in that specific area where they were targeted and I can you statments from those Trump supporters that were interviewd that ...

Secondly I can track for you three key porTrump alt right white nationalists that were actively busy speading hacked Marcon data via Wikileaks straight into the Le Pen campaing twitter links creating the echo chamber effect that Trump was a massive supporter of Le Pen.....

Now here is the catch...you can "win" the electoral college BUT if the results are in fact "tainted" is it a true win that can in fact be challegned in SC...REMEMBER there is in fact a precdent for asking the SC for an election results review....

THAT will be the interesting question being raised by SC Mueller in the coming months....

BTW...you will notice that I posted the last Trump campaign FEC Report indicating spending of 202m USDs....

You if you dig deep into the previous FEC reporting periods WILL not find in flowing contributions of 202M USDs..so where did the money come from....EXACTLY what SC Mueller is asking today....

AND if you paid close attention to the 13 lawyers that have been hired ALL have massive prosecution backgrounds in money laundering and Russian mob trials......

NOTE
    Source with knowledge of Trump Russia says investigators have watched them in real time try to cleanse records of evidence/connections.

I see that you're parroting rumors produced from some of the same "sources" that either declared for Clinton or were opposed to Trump from the beginning: Bloomberg is a case in point. Bloomberg's YouTube feed became very, very interesting as the election progressed, with opinions replacing facts. That goof's propaganda was so blatantly obvious that it probably drove more people to turn away from the "mainstream".

The "mainstream" that cheered us into Iraq and then turned on the project a few years in, and who tried to use conspiracy theories, identity politics and everything but the kitchen sink to fool Americans into believing that Clinton was somehow the "candidate of change". Fool me once (2008)...

I'm sure that the Kremlin would admire your own brushfire/piranha approach to Trump's election win, given that you dance from "insinnuendo" to "insinnuendo" without taking responsibility for any one of your tall tales that is proven false.

It is disappointing to see you shilling out there for the same people under whose "principled leadership" you were forced to live off the grid. I can only assume that you have a 2020 carrot dangling in front of you, if you can help #theresistance. But I suppose that you would have to keep your renunciation of citizenship on ice for the time being.

Far be it for me to stand in your way. Best of luck with your post/thread counts and viewings. They certainly owed you long before SWC/SWJ.

Council Member

NOTE

Azor........really want to go that this rabbit hole with me..this is my are of expertise.....

You will have noticed I post a lot in this thread about bots and botnets....

DFR Lab
    ✔ @DFRLab INFLUENCE FOR SALE! How vendors are selling social media manipulation for profit on the Darknet:
    https://medium.com/dfrlab/influence-...t-1c9ddfb3d8e6
    #FakeNews

BTW...the Trump "Followers" has increased by another 100,000 in the last 24 hours and they are not humans but bots controlled by several control servers sitting outside the US...500,000 added in the last four days......

RIGHT NOW out of the Trump total of 32.5M "Followers" now roughly 18M are bots controlled by control servers outside the US AND these new "Followers" are not Americans....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 06-19-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Council Member

So Azor.........Trump info warfare.....any different than Russian info warfare still continuing against the US????

Georgia special election tweets traced to one source
    http://politi.co/2rJcoLB

A Trump-supporting social media guru is flooding Twitter with grass roots-appearing messages against Democrat Jon Ossoff.

With Georgia’s special House election going down to the wire, it’s no shock that Twitter is saturated with Democrat Jon Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel. But what is surprising is just how much of the traffic traces to a single, identifiable source.

Accounts related to one entrepreneurial Trump supporter, Robert Shelton, a.k.a. @RobertsRooms, have flooded hashtags about the GA-06 election with anti-Ossoff and pro-Handel messaging.
    In a sample of 31,000 tweets about the Georgia special election from late last week, POLITICO found that slightly over 1 percent bore the #RobertsRooms tag. This alone is a considerable share. It doesn’t match the performance of the primary campaign tags like #VoteYourOssoff or #KarenHandel, which were in 17 percent and 9 percent of tweets, respectively, but it beats many of the second-tier tags.

But the #RobertsRooms tag is just a useful marker for Shelton’s network of affiliated accounts. Together, accounts that used this tag punched far above their combined weight. Although only around 3 percent of individuals ever used it, this group accounted for 5 percent of all tweets about the special election in our sample.

Their output is even more stark when you look at posts that praise Handel. More than a third of positive tweets that mention Handel by name came from this small cluster of accounts, according to our analysis, and 11 percent of all tweets that tagged Handel or used her primary hashtag.

In another sample of 4,500 tweets that bothered to namecheck Handel’s pretty anemic official campaign account, more than 70 percent came from those in Shelton’s network. And close to 75 percent of those using solidarity tags like #HoldThe6th — an answer to #FlipThe6th from the Ossoff camp — came from this same group.

Virtually all tweets from the network come with slapdash memes of some sort. There’s "Ossoff is owned by George Soros," one of Shelton’s favorite themes, “Make sure your church votes for Karen on June 20,” and “Ossoff supports Sharia law,” among others. It’s not clear how many of these originated with Shelton, but many only took off once amplified by the #RobertsRooms network.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-19-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: remove oversize photo, which is on link

Council Member

The interesting thing is that when one digs deeper into the twitter accounts around this individual "RobertsRoom" you find an unusual number that while appearing to be actual humans actually are a tight networked series of bots designed to simply be retweeting sites ALL designed to drive alt right white nationalist and proTrump "social media chatter"....

This technique is referred by the alt right info warriors as "magnification".......THIS account below was seen by keyhole.co as generating 25 tweets and or retweets per hour or one every three minutes or less at a steady and even pace reflecting computer controlled activity using precanned posters....

Keyhole stats
    REACH Number of unique users who have seen your hashtag or keyword

IMPRESSIONS The numbers of times users have seen posts of your tracked hashtag or keyword

TOP POSTS
    Tamara Leigh ����
    @tamaraleighllc
    @starcrosswolf @kshw5678 @AnitaDWhitee @DonnaWR8 @Scarlett210 @RobertsRooms @LibertyNews1776 @Momstaxi104 @SOSTRUMP12 @sassysassyred #BlackCommunity proved they're not so easily manipulated! Look @ pl...

Ultra Gun Club
    @ultragunclub
    @Scarlett210 @karenhandel @HandelTeam @AnitaDWhitee @mollyday15 @RobertsRooms @SOSTRUMP12 @starcrosswolf @realBlakPac @kshw5678 @MarisaInCali @4merica1st @KNP2BP Al Jazeera Paid Georgia Democrat #Osso...

����Kat Pope����
    @KatPope4
    @Scarlett210 @SongBird4Trump @karenhandel @HandelTeam @MarisaInCali @rose10052 @realBlakPac @starcrosswolf @KNP2BP @kshw5678 @RebeccaFaussett @AnitaDWhitee @RobertsRooms Pay for by Hollyweird We don't...

Carole - ❤️USA‏ @Scarlett210 · 23. Mai
    Inaction normalizes terror. #Islam wants 2 kill us ALL. Quit inviting them in! #BanIslam #travelban #tcot #ccot #NoSharia #DemPartyPlatform

Carole - ❤️USA‏ @Scarlett210 · 3. Juni
    #Ossoff is indebted to Soros's money to fund the most expensive House race in the U.S. VOTE 4 .@karenhandel #GA06 #RobertsRooms #HoldThe6th

Carole - ❤️USA‏ @Scarlett210 · 18 Std.Vor 18 Stunden
    #Ossoff admits he lies. How much more corruption will we tolerate? Vote 4 .@karenhandel. Tell The Swamp NO! #RobertsRooms .@HandelTeam #GA06
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-19-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Removal of photo which is superfluous

Council Member

THIS is the perfect example of how you build and drive an info war botnet....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-19-2017 at 09:14 PM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    I see that you're parroting rumors produced from some of the same "sources" that either declared for Clinton or were opposed to Trump from the beginning: Bloomberg is a case in point. Bloomberg's YouTube feed became very, very interesting as the election progressed, with opinions replacing facts. That goof's propaganda was so blatantly obvious that it probably drove more people to turn away from the "mainstream".

The "mainstream" that cheered us into Iraq and then turned on the project a few years in, and who tried to use conspiracy theories, identity politics and everything but the kitchen sink to fool Americans into believing that Clinton was somehow the "candidate of change". Fool me once (2008)...

I'm sure that the Kremlin would admire your own brushfire/piranha approach to Trump's election win, given that you dance from "insinnuendo" to "insinnuendo" without taking responsibility for any one of your tall tales that is proven false.

It is disappointing to see you shilling out there for the same people under whose "principled leadership" you were forced to live off the grid. I can only assume that you have a 2020 carrot dangling in front of you, if you can help #theresistance. But I suppose that you would have to keep your renunciation of citizenship on ice for the time being.

Far be it for me to stand in your way. Best of luck with your post/thread counts and viewings. They certainly owed you long before SWC/SWJ.
    Azor....your comments are quite interesting...when you have no solid facts then you revert to slandering...common for alt right.....and actually alt left....

Very suspicious activity on @realDonaldTrump
    4 million followers got switched from "fake" to "real" overnight!

APPEARS those that were building the new Trump botnet took notice of twitter comments about the increasing bot numbers and decided to "make them appear to be real"....WHEN they are not real......

Twitter Support should be tracking this but apparently not for the @realdonaldtrump account.....

NOTE....the Trump botnet building is still underway.....

100,000 new bot "Followers" added in a single day..someone is paying heavily for this development and or as I can see from research a majority are coming out of Russia....600,000 new bot accounts in five days...

BTW...no one owns me and or owes me.....

WHEN the dust settles in about six months and the final FBI and Mueller investigation results are made public...let's talk and compare who was right and who was wrong....

Right now I and a number of cyber types are sure of our data...are you????

BTW...note how far along this SC investigation is....this is called "deconflicting interests".....all Senate committees having anything to do with the investigation have received classified briefings....NOTICE he is holding the House at arms length.....and they have had a number of security related ethics violations around the Trump support they have been providing the WH....BASICALLY he is outlining his areas of investigation and warning them where not to cross into....NOW it will be interesting to see how the Senate proceeds as that will tell you what Mueller is investigating....

Special prosecutor to meet Senate committee leaders
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 06-20-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Council Member

Azor..take notice.....

On 25 MAY a social media journalist broke the story that Flynn had flipped and was working with the FBI in the Russian Trump investigation.....

NOTICE now MSM is catching up and it was yesterday 19 JUNE...

.@SenWhitehouse tells @wolfblitzer there is a ton of evidence Mike Flynn is a cooperating witness with the FBI

Claude Taylor‏#
    @TrueFactsStated

1. This is what I have from a source with knowledge of the investigation. "Flynn has begun the proffer process with U.S. Atty Office.

NOW the Trump tweet recently sent to Flynn to "stay strong" makes sense...when it did not at the time it was released......

Eric Garland‏
    @ericgarland

As predicted, the very outlets that slammed Trump-Russia are now starting to publish articles on the matter.

*That we wrote 5 months ago
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-20-2017 at 09:04 AM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

Azor...again referencing Flynn...who actually is a key to a number of the points of interest for the FBI Russian Trump investigation .....

House Democrats want documents on Flynn's work on a US-Russian nuclear power project financed by Saudi Arabia
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/lissandravi...qpgc#4ldqpgc#…

Trump's "good guy" #Flynn advised foreign cyberweapons group selling spyware to use against dissidents, journalists
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...06bb7d273c398#

Flynn’s moonlighting wasn’t typical: Most people at the top level of major presidential campaigns do not simultaneously lobby for any entity, especially not foreign governments. It’s also unusual for former U.S. intelligence officials to work with foreign cybersecurity outfits.

Nor was Flynn’s work with foreign entities while he was advising Trump limited to his Ankara deal. He earned nearly $1.5 million last year as a consultant, adviser, board member, or speaker for more than three dozen companies and individuals, according to financial disclosure forms released earlier this year.

Two of those entities are directly linked to NSO Group, a secretive Israeli cyberweapons dealer founded by Omri Lavie and Shalev Hulio, who are rumored to have served in Unit 8200, the Israeli equivalent of the National Security Agency.

Flynn received $40,280 last year as an advisory board member for OSY Technologies, an NSO Group offshoot based in Luxembourg, a favorite tax haven for major corporations. OSY Technologies is part of a corporate structure that runs from Israel, where NSO Group is located, through Luxembourg, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, and the U.S.

Council Member

The interesting thing is that when one digs deeper into the twitter accounts around this individual "RobertsRoom" you find an unusual number that while appearing to be actual humans actually are a tight networked series of bots designed to simply be retweeting sites ALL designed to drive alt right white nationalist and proTrump "social media chatter"....
    Have now tied this botnet concept being used in Georgia to this individual who drove the Trump campaign botnet on social media.....both are working now together...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-20-2017 at 09:06 AM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

Rex Tillerson wants to work directly with Russia on cybersecurity, even after last year's hacking
    http://bit.ly/2stna5E

This would be like Eliot Ness cooperating with Al Capone to reduce organized crime.

Council Member

GOP firm leaks personal data on >198 million US voters incl home address, birthdate & phone numbers‼️

APPEARS GOP has no explanation on just how they aquired 198M individual datasets....

http://gizmodo.com/gop-data-firm-acc...-ne-1796211612

HOW is it possible that a single "GOP big data firm" literally parks the personal data of virtually ALL American voters on an Amazon cloud server without any security to speak of...not even password enabled.....

Let's not even get into the issues of Privacy law violations....

The bigger question is WHERE did they get ALL the personal voter data even on Democratic voters??????
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-20-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Council Member

Azor.....I keep taking you back to this.....reference the recent shooting.....

What no one is saying about the shooter: he was also radicalized by Russian propaganda which was being aimed by the Wikileaks leaking directly at Sanders supporters and a narrative of hating Clinton.

Council Member

EU wants to pursue and punish cyber hackers:https://www.neweurope.eu/article/eu-...-cyberattacks/

1. Trump still has to yet release his stated in 90 days plan for cyber defense of the US that he made public via tweets and a statement...

2. Trump still believes it was a 400lb kid with a laptop on a bed and or the Chinese who hacked the US....CERTAINLY not the Russians....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-20-2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: fix link

Council Member

@WarOnTheRocks: 2016 hacks were latest in a long line of Russian attempts to meddle in US.
    https://warontherocks.com/2017/06/mo...80-years-ago/#