Thread: Army Campaign Plan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A casual suggestion

View the ARFORGEN process as a product of one tribe, the units in the cycle as members of another tribe -- and TRADOC as third tribe, an institution that has to provide inputs of different types to both the other tribes. The input to the first tribe (Hq, DA) is easy, it's a paper effort.

The input to the other tribe, those FORSCOM (A fourth tribe that mistakenly thinks the second tribe owes it considerable fealty and the third owes it some respect while said second tribe sees lip service as adequate and third would like to not have to go even that far...) units in CONUS, OTOH, is far more problematic. Work will be entailed! Change will occur.

I can hear it now. "How can we meet these schedules -- we've civilianized half our instructor spaces and all the maintenance spaces..."

Those unit tribes, too, have their own problems adjusting to the cycles and the demands of all three of the other tribes (all of whom they believe to be unclean and into recreational pharmaceuticals) -- and they know from recent experience that they will learn Arabic to go to Iraq and instead be deployed to Afghanistan...

Thus I would say this:
    "ARFORGEN has their champion, but has the communications strategy worked in order to achieve a general buy-in? From the tenor of the questions and comments, I would have to say it has not, at least to date."
    is not only quite perceptive but a wonderful understatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Thus I would say this:
    ARFORGEN has their champion, but has the communications strategy worked in order to achieve a general buy-in? From the tenor of the questions and comments, I would have to say it has not, at least to date.
    is not only quite perceptive but a wonderful understatment.
    I may have to change my opinion on this to some degree after yesterday, Ken.
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/